- Spiritual warfare has been launched against kidnappers and ritualists in Nigeria
- Pastor Enoch Adeboye has released 15 prayer points against the criminal gangs across the nation
- The prayer points were posted on the official Twitter page of the revered pastor
Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) is not relenting in his consistent prayers for Nigeria.
The respected pastor and his members worldwide are currently engaging in 63 days of prayer and fasting.
On Thursday, February 25, Pastor Adeboye canvassed specific prayers against ritualists and kidnappers in Nigeria.
Legit.ng lists the 15 prayer points by Pastor Adeboye below:
1. Let us thank God Almighty because He alone is our redeemer, who is mighty and able to plead our cause
2. Father, we decree peace in our nation, lay your divine ambushment against every kidnapper, ritualist, and cultist in Jesus name.
3. Father, arise in your power and release all your children in the cage of kidnappers and ritualists in Nigeria in Jesus name
4. Father, scatter the plans and agenda of kidnappers and ritualists in Nigeria in Jesus name.
5. Father, you are the consuming fire please rain upon the kidnappers and ritualists that refused to repent, brimstones and fire in Jesus name.
6. Father, please let your wind of destruction blow in the hideout of terrorists, kidnappers, and ritualists in Nigeria in Jesus name.
7. Father, please trouble these kidnappers and ritualists until they turn to you in Jesus name.
8. Father, please shoot the arrows of premature death into the camp of unrepentant kidnappers and ritualists in Jesus name.
9. Father, let every kidnapper and ritualist be rendered useless in our nation in Jesus name.
10. Father, please pluck out every kidnapper and ritualist from their dwelling place in Jesus name.
11. Father, arise O Lord and let the wickedness of kidnappers and ritualists come to an end in Jesus name.
12. Father, in all my ways, deliver me out of the hand of kidnappers and ritualists and don't let me be a victim in the hand of the wicked in Jesus name.
13. Father, arise, expose and arrest all those sponsoring kidnapping and ritual killings in Nigeria in Jesus name.
14. Father, destroy the wide network of kidnappers and ritualists in Nigeria in Jesus name.
15. Father, please let the spirit of error fall upon every kidnapper and ritualist in Jesus name.
Meanwhile, the Nigeria Governors Forum, NGF, on Tuesday, February 23 declared that the ultimate agenda of armed bandits kidnapping people in northern Nigeria is to destroy the country.
Chairman of NGF and governor of Ekiti state, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, made the statement during some governors' solidarity visit to Niger governor, Abubakar Sani Bello, in Minna over the recent abductions in the state by the armed criminals.
Governor Fayemi stated that what is happening in the northern part of the country is terrorism, adding that there was no other term to describe the constant acts of banditry and kidnapping recorded in the north.
Similarly, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos state, has lamented that Nigeria is currently facing a crisis triggered by mounting insecurity.
Tinubu made the comment at the 8th Day Firdaus Prayer of the first civilian governor of Lagos, Late Alhaji Lateef Aremu Jakande, held on Friday, February 19 in the state.
According to Tinubu, the country is experiencing kidnapping, banditry, and all other forms of social vices which are indices of crisis-ridden society.
Jerrywright Ukwu is an Abuja-based senior political/defence correspondent at Legit.ng. He is a graduate of the Nigerian Institute of Journalism, Lagos and the International Institute of Journalism in Abuja. He is also a member of the Nigeria Union of Journalists. He spends his leisure-time reading history books. He can be reached via email at email@example.com.