FG must not withdraw money from Excess Crude Account, Governor Wike says

FG must not withdraw money from Excess Crude Account, Governor Wike says

- Governor Wike has promised to contest plans to withdraw money from Excess Crude Account

- He said he will only support the move if the state is given its 13 percent first from that Excess Crude Account

- Also, he wondered how the money the FG previously gave the military was used

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike says Nigeria Governors Forum endorsement of fresh withdrawal of fund by the Federal Government from the Excess Crude Account will be contested.

The governor wondered what happened to the $1 billion withdrawn from Excess Crude Account in 2017 on the stance that it will be used to fund the fight against Boko Haram insurgents in the North-East.

Governor Wike stated this when he played host to the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, who was on courtesy visit to him at Government House, Port Harcourt on Friday.

Don't use COVID-19 as excuse for non-performance, Wike tells governors

The Rivers State Governor said he will not support the plan for a fresh withdrawal except Rivers State is given its 13 percent share from the account.

"Yesterday, I was told that the governors agreed that they will take money from Excess Crude to support military. What of the one they took before, the $1billion that they gave to the military?
"Now again! This one, I'll tell my Attorney General; you will have to prepare, we will go to court. I will not support that one except they'll give us our 13 percent first from that Excess Crude Account."

Governor Wike told the Emir of Kano how his late father and other leaders in their time worked so hard in promoting love, peace and national unity among Nigerians.

He expressed the regret that current political and religious leaders are not building on those successes.

He said they are rather reducing every relationship, appointment, policy and programme of government to political and religious considerations.

Insecurity: Zamfara governor makes U-turn after saying not all bandits are criminals

Governor Wike insisted that Nigeria belong to everybody and no one section can assert itself over other. He said that is why he had provided conducive environment to all ethnic groups in Rivers State to coexist.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that teachers of primary and secondary schools in Rivers state government-owned tertiary institutions have raised the alarm that they have not been paid their salaries running for five years.

They alleged that their salaries were stopped on February 18, 2016, by the Nyesom Wike-led administration.

According to them, a government directive was issued that the names of the affected teachers be expunged from the state government salary voucher.

Legit.ng also reported that Wike denied playing down the possibility of Bola Tinubu emerging as president of Nigeria in 2023.

The governor was earlier reported to have told journalists on Thursday, February 4, that the presidency will be way out of the reach of the national leader of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) in the next general elections.

Wike was said to have advised the politician to forget about pursuing the presidency and channel his energy to other profitable ventures.

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel