Insecurity: Nigerian governor raises alarm, says Boko Haram regrouping in Nasarawa

Insecurity: Nigerian governor raises alarm, says Boko Haram regrouping in Nasarawa

- Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa state disclosed that some insurgents are regrouping in his state

- Sule made this disclosure on Friday, January 22, in Aso Rock, after meeting with President Buhari

- The governor, however, urged the federal government to come to his aide

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa has raised the alarm over activities of Boko Haram in his state.

The Nation reports that the governor spoke to State House correspondents on Friday, January 22, after a closed-door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari in his office at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Legit.ng gathered that the governor said members of the terror group, who were dislodged from a location along the Abuja/Nasarawa borders last year, had regrouped along the Nasarawa/Benue borders, creating fear in the minds of people.

Insecurity: Fear as Nigerian governor raises alarm, says Boko Haram regrouping in Nasarawa
Governor Sule of Nasarawa said that Boko Haram regrouping in his state. Credit: @BashirAhmaad
Source: Twitter

Governor Sule said he was with the president to discuss the challenge of insecurity in Nasarawa along with other issues, including the possible federal government take-over of Jitata road, which serves as an alternative route from the state to the FCT.

Read also

Insecurity: Enough is enough! End banditry in Zamfara now, Buhari gives marching order to NSA

The governor maintained that those who were arrested confirmed their membership of the Boko Haram insurgency group.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Nigerian military on Thursday, January 21, maintained that it is winning the war against insurgency and banditry.

It was reported that the troops in conjunction with other security agencies sustained an onslaught against criminals within the country.

Major General John Enenche, the coordinator, Defence Media Operations, made the disclosure during a press conference in Abuja and shared on the Facebook page of Defence Headquarters Nigeria.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

In another report, the Nigerian Army dismissed a claim by Ayo Fayose that Boko Haram militants captured a military base in the Marte area of Borno state.

The former Ekiti state governor made the claim via his Twitter handle on Saturday, January 16, following reports of a fierce battle between soldiers and the insurgents.

Read also

Military insists it is winning the war against insurgency, highlights successes recorded

He had said the capture of the military base shows that the country was unsafe despite assurances made by the Buhari government on security.

Soldiers have killed 92 Boko Haram members in the past week - Major General Enenche | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel