Insecurity: Enough is enough! End banditry in Zamfara now, Buhari gives marching order to NSA

Insecurity: Enough is enough! End banditry in Zamfara now, Buhari gives marching order to NSA

- President Buhari has told the NSA, Babagana Monguno, to end to banditry in Zamfara state

- The order was given by President Buhari on Thursday, January 21

- Buhari also asked him to end the associated issues of corruption, government oversight and lawlessness in the state

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered an immediate security response to the rising cases of violent banditry around gold mines in Zamfara state.

President Buhari ordered the National Security Adviser (NSA), Major General Babagana Monguno, to rise up to the occasion and ensure that activities are brought to an end.

The Nation reports that the senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, said the president’s order was in response to a ‘Save Our Soul’ message to him by Zamfara speaker, Nasir Magarya.

Insecurity: Enough is enough! End banditry in Zamfara now, Buhari gives marching order to NSA
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered immediate response to resurgent banditry in Zamfara state. Credit: @NGRPresident
Source: Facebook

Monguno was directed by the Nigerian leader to create a clear pathway to ending the resurgent banditry that has continued to cost lives and displacement of thousands of families from their towns and villages.

Read also

Breaking: Nigerian governor raises alarm, says Boko Haram regrouping in Nasarawa

The president said:

“Beyond the problems of bandits and cattle rustlers, the scale of lawlessness has been aggravated by illegal miners who are harvesting resources they have no legal rights to exploit."

According to the statement by the presidential aide, a meeting will be held soon to address the Zamfara crisis.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Nigerian military on Thursday, January 21, maintained that it is winning the war against insurgency and banditry.

It was reported that the troops in conjunction with other security agencies sustained an onslaught against criminals within the country.

Major General John Enenche, the coordinator, Defence Media Operations, made the disclosure during a press conference in Abuja and shared on the Facebook page of Defence Headquarters Nigeria.

In another report, the Nigerian Army dismissed a claim by Ayo Fayose that Boko Haram militants captured a military base in the Marte area of Borno state.

Read also

Zamfara governor reveals how traditional rulers sabotaging peace efforts

The former Ekiti state governor made the claim via his Twitter handle on Saturday, January 16, following reports of a fierce battle between soldiers and the insurgents.

He had said the capture of the military base shows that the country was unsafe despite assurances made by the Buhari government on security.

Soldiers have killed 92 Boko Haram members in the past week - Major General Enenche | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel