SGF Boss Mustapha goes into isolation over COVID-19 scare

SGF Boss Mustapha goes into isolation over COVID-19 scare

- Another public official has gone into self-isolation due to the scare of COVID-19

- Boss Mustapha, the secretary to the federal government, made the announcement on Sunday, December 13, saying it was a preventive measure

- Some members of the official's household had earlier tested positive for the virus

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The Secretary of the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, has gone into self-isolation after some members of his household tested positive for COVID-19.

Mustapha made this known in a statement sent to journalists and seen by Legit.ng on Sunday, December 13.

SGF Boss Mustapha goes into isolation over COVID-19 scare
Mustapha also heads the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19. Photo credit: @BossMustaphaSGF
Source: Twitter

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Part of the statement read:

“I would like to inform the general public that some members of my household tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday evening.

Read also

COVID-19: Nigeria to access vaccine from January 2021

“My wife and I tested negative but will remain in self-isolation and work from home according to protocols by the health authorities.”

Mustapha's revelation was made the same day Sarah Omakwu, the presiding pastor of the Family Worship Centre Abuja, announced that she recently tested positive for COVID-19.

Apart from being the SGF, Mustapha is the president of the Men's Fellowship of the Abuja-based church.

Some Nigerians have been commenting on the SGF's statement via social media.

Salisu Usman wrote on Twitter:

“A good example. This is sincerity in leadership and exemplary good governance.”

Tanko Emmanuel Abanche wrote:

“These so-called elites are up to something with the timing and the manner this is happening, I suspect them planning some kind of partial lockdown. That will certainly not go well with the masses, we have suffered enough.”

Okike Michael wrote:

“All of them should continue isolating with their imaginary second wave.”

Read also

Coronavirus: SGF Mustapha reveals when final report on COVID-19 will be submitted to Buhari

Nnemeka Nwolisa wrote:

“They went on holiday. The man don try. Since March he has been the face of Covid 19 matter an. Na holiday things.”

Omachile wrote:

“They are looking for excuses to force a second lockdown. Nigerians should be wise with eyes widely open.”

Recall that the federal government recently expressed concerns that Nigeria could be entering the second wave in the spread of the COVID-19 virus following the rise in the number of cases in recent times.

Osagie Ehanire, minister of health, said he had directed isolation and treatment centers in the country to prepare for reopening over the new development.

In a related development, the recent claim by the Nigerian Army that one of its top officers, Major-General Johnson Olu Irefin, died of COVID-19 complications has been challenged by his kinsmen.

Irefin's relations under the umbrella of Ayetoro Gbede Traditional Council and Ayetoro Gbede Development Association demanded explanations.

Read also

Nigerian Army one of the best in Africa, says FG

The unconvinced kinsmen told the army to provide answers to some important questions that they had about his death.

COVID-19: Is Nigeria ready for another lockdown | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel