- Juventus vs Cagliari saw Cristiano Ronaldo score a brace to hand his team a 2-0 win at home
- Ronaldo has now made history with those goals as he moves up on the chart of football's leading goal scorers
- Juventus are now one point behind Serie A leaders AC Milan
Cristiano Ronaldo is now officially the fourth highest goal scorer in the history of football after netting a brace in Juventus 2-0 win against Cagliari, Caughtoffside reports.
The 35-year-old opened the scoring for Juventus in the 38th minute after taking a touch to set himself on his right foot and rifled a powerful shot inside the far post.
Four minutes later, it was 2-0 courtesy the same man Ronaldo as he bagged his second goal of the night.
Those two goals have now seen Ronaldo move up in the all-time goal scoring rankings.
Ronaldo's first goal against Cagliari saw him pass Ferenc Puskas’ tally of 746 career goals, with the Portuguese now having scored 748 after scoring his second against the Italian club.
If you combine Ronaldo's 102 finishes on the international stage with Portugal to his club career tally of 646 goals with Sporting Lisbon, Manchester United, Real and Juventus, you arrive at a total of 746 goals for him.
However, Ronaldo still trails Romario who is third with 750 goals and the legendary Pele who scored a total of 767 official goals for club and country.
The Portuguese needs to score 58 goals to break the record set by Joseph Beacon who scored 805 goals in over 530 games from 1931-1956.
Football legend who has the most international goals makes big statement as Ronaldo edges closer to his record
Here are the top 10 goal scorers in history of football:
10. Tulio Maravilha (1988-2019) - 575 goals
9. Uwe Seller (1953-1978) - 575+ goals
8. Ferenc Deak (1940-1957) - 576+ goals
7. Lionel Messi (2003-present) - 711 goals
6. Gerd Muller (1962-1981) - 736 goals
5. Ferenc Puskas (1943-1966) - 746 goals
4. Cristiano Ronaldo (2001-present) - 748 goals
3. Pele (1957-1977) - 767 goals
2. Romario (1985-2007) - 772 goals
1. Josef Bican (1931-1956) - 805 goals
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Juventus vs Cagliari saw another spectacular show from Cristiano Ronaldo who despite being 35 years, produced two great goals to win the tie for his side.
Juventus are now one point behind Serie A leaders AC Milan after their victory.
Ronaldo is the only Juventus' player to have found the net in each of his first five Serie A seasonal appearances in the three points for a win era since 1994/95.
Ahmed Musa tops list of Super Eagles stars who flopped during Nigeria vs Sierra Leone AFCON qualifier
We'll let Nigeria have just 1 goal in Freetown - Sierra Leone FA president tells Pinnick | Legit TV