Boko Haram kills five aid workers in Borno

Boko Haram kills five aid workers in Borno

- Five aid workers have lost their lives to the dreaded Boko Haram terrorists

- The video showing the killing of the aid workers was reportedly released on Wednesday

- The insurgents had earlier demanded about $500,000 dollars ransom ((N194 million) to release the workers

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Another tragedy has hit Nigeria as Boko Haram terrorists reportedly killed five humanitarian workers, according to a report by The Nation.

The newspaper reports that the murdered aid workers were those recently abducted along Monguno area of Borno state.

The video showing the killing of the aid workers was released on Wednesday, July 22, the newspaper added.

Boko Haram kills five aid workers in Borno

Service chiefs meet with President Buhari. Photo credit: Nigerian presidency
Source: Facebook

Legit.ng gathers that the insurgents had earlier demanded about $500,000 dollars ransom ((N194 million) to release the workers.

Before killing the aid workers, the insurgents reportedly left a message for "unbelievers and infidels", referring to the aid workers.

The terrorists threatened that they will continue to abduct aid workers until they "repent to work for them (the government)".

“We are sending this as a very strong message to you unbelievers and infidels. And to those of you that are being used by these infidels to repent.

“You are working for them but they do not have any concern about you.

“You worked for them to achieve their goals but they are very far from your plight. They do not show you any care. Look at you now. When we kidnap you they don’t care. They show no concern.

“We are calling on all you unbelievers to repent and turn to Allah.

“We will continue to abduct you people at every road that we see you if you don’t repent to work for them. It is a warning to all of you," the message reads.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, a group of community-based organisations in Nigeria has condemned the calls for the sack of Nigeria's service chiefs in some quarters.

The organisations under the aegis of People’s Parliament vowed to sustain its total support for President Muhammadu Buhari's administration and the service chiefs in the fight against insurgency in the northeast region.

In a communique signed by George Gondo and Adamu Bagudu, the organisation's chairman and secretary respectively, the organisation said President Buhari and the service chiefs have demonstrated capacity, willpower and the expertise to rid the country of terrorism, banditry and other crimes.

Addressing journalists in Abuja, a member of the organisation, Gabriel Agibi on Wednesday, June 24, said the president and his service chiefs would need the total support of all Nigerians to deliver absolute peace across the country.

Soldiers have killed 92 Boko Haram members in the past week - Major General Enenche | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel