Covid-19 is no joke, we lost 2 people at my ward today - Nigerian lady reveals

Covid-19 is no joke, we lost 2 people at my ward today - Nigerian lady reveals

- A Nigerian lady with the Twitter name Nrs Cherish has said that it is disheartening that many think Covid-19 is not real

- The health official revealed how two different people died of the virus at the ICU of the hospital where she works

- Nrs Cherish said that she was surprised that people would come online to counter the numbers given by the NCDC

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

A Nigerian medical official with the Twitter name Nrs Cherish has said that the Covid-19 is a real battle people should not joke about.

She said that at the hospital where she works, they lost two people to coronavirus on Sunday, May 31.

Nrs Cherish said that as they were wheeling two dead bodies out, she saw another set of corpses that had died due to the virus.

Coronavirus: This was what happened to me and how NCDC responded when I caught the virus - Nigerian Covid-19 survivor

The health official said that it was quite a big surprise for her when she came on Twitter the same day and the first post she saw was one saying that the numbers by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control are not true. She said the fact that somebody would come online to say that made her so weak.

See her tweet below:

Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that a Nigerian man with the Twitter name Oluwatimilehin narrated his experience as a coronavirus survivor.

He said coronavirus is indeed big as he appealed to the general public not to take it lightly, asking them to abide by all the protective measures.

Oluwatimilehin said that though he was asymptomatic all through, not many who were admitted were lucky.

He said that he has had to face the stigma regarding his health status, a thing he said he expected to happen.

Tragedy as Nigerian man loses girlfriend to COVID-19, discloses what she treated before testing positive for coronavirus

The Covid-19 survivor, therefore, appreciated all the health officials, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, and the government for how they have handled the pandemic so far.

The Nigerian asked people not to put themselves at unnecessary risk in order not to overburden those who are at the frontline, ensuring everything is okay.

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news

In other news, the Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji, has banned any form of masqueraders’ activities from the town, restricting them to his palace during the 2020 Egungun Festival because of the coronavirus outbreak.

The development was made known in a statement by the monarch’s director of media and publicity, Mr Adeola Oloko.

Oba Saliu said that the traditional masquerades should observe their traditional rituals at home and pray that the pandemic quickly ends.

According to the monarch, the decision not to have the usual procession associated with the festival is to not encourage the further spread of the virus.

Nigerian men are in high demand outside the country - Lady says

Coronavirus: 5 ways Nigeria is handling COVID-19 | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel