- The application of Emeka Ihedioha to stop the Imo state House of Assembly from probing him has been rejected
- An Owerri high court declined Ihedioha's application to restrain the lawmakers from inviting him over the alleged missing council funds
- Recall that Ihedioha had asked the Imo state high court to stop the state House of Assembly from investigating him
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Emeka Ihedioha, the former governor of Imo state has lost the bid to stop the state House of Assembly from probing him over the alleged mismanagement of N19.63 billion under his administration.
According to The Nation, Justice S. I. Opara of the Owerri high court on Monday, May 11, rejected Ihedioha's application for an ex-parte order restraining the lawmakers from inviting him.
The judge in his ruling held that the case would be set down for hearing instead of granting the ex-parte application and ordered that all parties must file necessary documents for hearing.
The case was adjourned till Wednesday, May 27, for hearing.
Recall that Ihedioha had asked the court to restrain the lawmakers from probing him over alleged missing N19.63 billion. The Imo state government alleged that the funds got missing during Ihedioha’s seven-month administration.
The former governor through his counsel asked the court for a perpetual injunction restraining the lawmakers from going ahead with the probe.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Imo state government said the Interim Management Committee (IMC), the chairmen under the former administration of Ihedioha, have expressed their readiness to explain their level of involvement in the alleged misappropriation of the N19.63 billion local government funds in the state.
The state commissioner for information and strategy, Declan Emelumba, on Thursday, April 16, spoke in Owerri, on the ongoing recovery process of the funds by the auditor general for local government from those who were said to have mismanaged the monies.
According to Emelumba, the chairmen were eager to exonerate themselves by saying what they know about the funds, one of which he said was the procurement of earthmoving equipment for all the 27 local government areas.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Uzodinma: Reactions trail Supreme Court judgment review | Legit TV