- Akin Abayomi, the commissioner for health in Lagos, revealed that the state has discharged 8 persons so far
- Abayomi noted that all the persons discharged attained full recovery from the disease
- The commissioner added that the state currently has 82 recorded cases
The commissioner for health in Lagos, Akin Abayomi, has revealed that the state government has evacuated an American citizen who earlier tested positive for coronavirus.
On his official Twitter page on Wednesday, April 1, Abayomi said that the individual has been sent back to the United States (US) after fully recovering from the disease.
The commissioner said that this brings the number of discharged patients in the state to eight with 82 cases recorded.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that the Nigerian government had announced another casualty from Coronavirus (COVID-19), officially bringing the number of the death toll to two.
The minister of health, Osagie Ohanire, made this known during the presidential task force briefing on Monday, March 30, in Abuja.
The minister said that three people have been discharged after fully recovering from the pandemic. He, however, revealed that another casualty was recorded after the patient was severely hit by the virus.
“Till date, three persons have been discharged after successful treatment. But sadly, another fatality was recorded over the weekend in the person of a patient who had severe underlying illnesses.
“We have intensified contact tracing and our strategy remains to promptly detect cases, isolate them, and follow up with their contacts and also isolate and treat, in order to reduce the spread of the infection,” the minister said.
Speaking further, Ohanire said as of Monday, March 30, 2020, 111 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Nigeria of which 68 are in Lagos, 21 in the FCT, seven in Oyo, three in Ogun.
The minister added that two cases were recorded in Bauchi, two in Edo, two in Osun, two in Enugu, and one each in Benue, Ekiti, Kaduna and Rivers states.
Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos, has made a statement of enforcement on President Muhammadu Buhari's order mandating a restriction of movement in the state from Monday, March 30.
President Buhari had on Sunday, March 29, stopped all movements in the FCT, Lagos, and Ogun states in a bid to contain the coronavirus pandemic.
The president gave the directive in a presidential broadcast and added that the directive would be for an initial period of 14 days.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Market Survey: Coronavirus cannot kill everyone in Nigeria | Legit TV