After Legit.ng's report, FG set to reinstate forcefully exited N-Power beneficiaries

After Legit.ng's report, FG set to reinstate forcefully exited N-Power beneficiaries

- FG has started the compilation of the names of the N-Power beneficiaries who had been forcefully exited from the scheme

- Investigation reveals that all states have been directed to compile the list of affected beneficiaries and sent it to Abuja for immediate action

- The House of Representatives had directed its committee to probe the allegation leveled against some officials of the N-Power scheme

Some beneficiaries of the N-Power programme who have either been put on hold or forcefully exited may soon be reinstated as the federal government begins the compilation of the list of the affected volunteers.

Legit.ng's regional reporter in Osun state, Ibrahim Akinola, reports that the new development was not unconnected with the outcome of the report of the humanitarian committee set up by the House of Representatives led by Oluwarotimi Agunsoye to probe the allegations of funds mismanagement, forceful exiting of the volunteers and incessant delay in the payment of their monthly stipends.

Sanwo-Olu kicks off major move to stop spread of coronavirus in Lagos

Legit.ng authoritatively gathers from a reliable source in the committee that it would soon start inviting some of the affected volunteers to come and present their own side of the story.

"Yes, we may invite some of the affected beneficiaries to come and say one or two things as regards the issues. You see, they alleged that they received complaints from their states that those beneficiaries did not go to work. We are very ready to dig deeper to unravel the whole issues to ascertain the culpability or otherwise of the parties involved." the source said.

A source in the ministry intimated Legit.ng that the offices of the National Orientation Agency (NOA) of the states of those forcefully exited volunteers had been directed to collate their names between Monday, February 24 and Friday, 28 and forward the names to Abuja for further actions.

It would be recalled that Legit.ng had reported that some affected N-Power beneficiaries in Osun state sought the intervention of members of the House of Representatives in the state over the plight.

Demand return of missing billions from federation account - Falana urges governors
After Legit.ng's report, FG set to reinstate forcefully exited N-Power beneficiaries

The list of N-Power beneficiaries who had either been put on hold or forcefully exited.
Source: Original

Legit.ng's regional reporter, who monitored the exercise at the NOA office, Osogbo, the capital of Osun state during the week, glanced through the lists of some beneficiaries whose names have been collated and marked possibly for reinstatement.

Some of the affected beneficiaries who came for the exercise expressed their delight and commended the House of Representatives the bold step taken on the issue.

One of the volunteers, simply known as Akomolafe could not hide his emotion as he eulogised Taiwo Oluga, the representative of Ayedaade/Irewole/Isokan federal constituency of Osun state for channeling a commendable course and Oluwarotimi Agunsoye, the representative of Kosofe federal constituency of Lagos state, for doing a wonderful national service

He said: "On behalf of my colleagues who have been illegally and mischievously put on hold and exited for the past a year now, I say a big thank you to all the members of the committee set up by the House most especially honourable Taiwo Oluga and the chairman of the committee, Honourable Oluwarotimi Agunsoye. May God almighty continue to be with them and support them in their good works.

PDP accuses presidency of diverting Abacha's looted funds, seeks Senate probe

"I watched the proceeding when the honourable minister and her crew met with the committee and I could not help praying for those wonderful honourable Representatives. They are actually channeling a noble course and have decided to be the voices of the voiceless. May God never let them down."

Another beneficiary who spoke to Legit.ng on the condition of anonymity said: "What pained me most was the watery responses of the minister and her crew members including the permanent secretary. Imagine, one of them was saying that they received reports from states that some of us did not go to work.

"The next thing was to put us on hold and exit us without any investigation or query. Does that mean they merely acted on blank allegations and hearsay? That's nothing but a blatant lie. They only did that with the sole purpose of siphoning our money."

Olawale John, another exited volunteer said: "We beg the committee members to please help us dig deeper as the chairman has promised to unravel all the atrocities allegedly committed by these people so as to get us reinstated with all our backlogs of allowances paid.

Finally, reason Leah Sharibu is yet to regain freedom revealed, FG reportedly offered ransom, but rejected by abductors

"We also demand that those found culpable should be seriously dealt with according to the laws of the land. God almighty will surely reward them."

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, Sadiya Farouq, said the federal government would exit the beneficiaries before the year runs out.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

It was reported that the minister said that the federal government said from the outset that the programme would be run for two years, adding that all the beneficiaries were aware that their services would not be needed again after two years.

She added that the programme was put in place to support our teeming unemployed youth, especially the graduates, saying that the first batch was supposed to have been exited at the end of the year 2018.

N150b fraud: Probe T.A Orji's family now, group tells EFCC

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.

Abaribe asks President Buhari to resign, Nigerians react | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel