- Ex-EFCC chairman Nuhu Ribadu dissociates himself from a viral report credited to him making rounds on social media
- The statement alleges that the president recruited the help of bandits to get Goodluck Jonathan out of office
- Ribadu urged the general public to disregard the viral message
The former chairman of the EFCC, Nuhu Ribadu, has distanced himself from a statement alleging that bandits were recruited by President Muhammadu Buhari to remove Goodluck Jonathan from office.
Ribadu in a statement on Thursday, February 6, stated that the report which has gone viral across social media is not from him.
The statement which was credited to Ribadu back in June 2019 alleged that Buhari sought the help of mercenaries to claim power for the Fulani group in the event he lost the presidential election back in 2015, The Cable reports.
The statement further reportedly said that after President Buhari won the election he didn’t need the bandits which forced them to invade people’s homes.
Ribadu described the message as cheap blackmail and urged the people to ignore the statement.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that President Buhari was said to have had a closed-door meeting with former Nigerian leader, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, at the Presidential Villa Abuja.
Reports claim Jonathan was on his way to the office of the president for the meeting. This would be the first time both men were pictured together since October 2019
In other news, the ex-EFCC chairman commended President Buhari-led administration for its efforts to rid the country of corruption and corrupt practices among the public servants.
Ribadu said that no one has become an overnight oil billionaire since President Buhari became minister of petroleum. He said corruption has been curbed in the petroleum sector by the Buhari administration.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Presidency, Nigerians give their thoughts on the fight against corruption - on Legit TV