- NECO has cleared Senator Ifeanyi Ubah of forgery allegation
- An Abuja court had sacked Ubah over forgery
- The examination council, however, said that the certificate Ubah submitted to INEC was authentic
Barely ten days after he was sacked by an Abuja high court over alleged certificate forgery, the National Examination Council (NECO) has confirmed Senator Ifeanyi Ubah's certificate.
Legit.ng reports that the embattled senator on his Facebook page on Monday, January 27, said the examination body confirmed the certificate he submitted to INEC as original and authentic.
According to him, in a letter with the particulars as follows: NECO/R/LGS/20/003, dated January 23, 2020 and addressed to Human Rights Writers Association Of Nigeria (HURIWA), Senator Ifeanyi Ubah and YPP, the examination body released Senator Ubah's result details and cleared the air about Statement of Result and NECO Certificate.
The NECO confirmed that Ifeanyi Ubah took a total of 8 subjects in the examination which are as follow:
1. English Language- C6 Credit
2. Mathematics- C6 Credit
3. Biology- F9 Fail
4. Government- C6 Credit
5. Economics - C5 Credit
6. Literature in English- C5 Credit
7. Commerce - C5 Credit
8. Christian Religious Studies- C6 Credit
The statement read: Attached below are the following:
1. Original Certificate which contains 7 passed subjects and does not contain failed subject.
2. Online (internet) copy of the statement of result which can be verified with a N500 NECO scratch card. (This usually contains the failed subject: Biology in this case).
3. Application for authentication of NECO certificate and Statement of Result by Senator Ifeanyi Ubah.
4. Confirmation of result by NECO (which usually and still contains the failed subject).
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Ubah lost the appeal to rescind the court judgement that nullified his election into the National Assembly.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
What has changed in Nigeria since the last election? | - on Legit TV