In the present-day, more people are struggling with different issues such as mental health illnesses. Did you know that funny quotes about life can alleviate stress and at the same time, offer indispensable lessons?
Wise people of ancient times said that laughter is a human being's best medicine. With these funny quotes about life, your mood will lighten, and you will feel better about yourself and those around you. Beyond the laughter, these funny quotes about life lessons will remind you of a valuable lesson or teach you something new that you can apply for a more fulfilling time on earth.
Funny quotes about life
Which top funny quotes and sayings that also contain valuable lessons do you know?
Famous funny quotes
Here are some of the most famous funny quotes about life. They remind us not to worry too much about different things. Sometimes, it is essential to let go and laugh.
- "Stop worrying about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles M. Schulz.
- "Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers." The Simpsons.
- "If A is success in life, then A is equal to X plus Y plus Z. Work is X; Y is play; and Z - keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein.
- "I think I've discovered the secret of life, you just hang around until you get used to it." - Charles M. Schulz.
- "There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman?" Woody Allen.
- "To thrive in life you need three bones. A wish bone, a back bone, and a funny bone." - Reba McEntire.
Funny inspirational life quotes
Inspiration and motivation help us all to achieve our goals and ambitions. These funny inspirational life quotes teach us to be mindful of others and to be happy in everything we do. They also remind us that it is essential to have goals and to work towards achieving them.
- "Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes." - Jack Handey.
- "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!' - Hunter S. Thompson.
- "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost.
- "If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you there" - George Harrison.
- "The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache." - Marjorie Pay Hinckley.
- "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring." - Chuck Palahniuk.
Cute and funny quotes and sayings
When challenges come our way, these cute and hilarious quotes will make you happier;
- "Be a pineapple: stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside." - Katherine Gaskin.
- "A hangover is the wrath of grapes." - Dorothy Parker.
- "I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel." - Terry Pratchett.
- "I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched." - Edgar Allan Poe.
- "I'm in shape. Round is a shape." - George Carlin.
- "Embrace the glorious mess that you are." - Elizabeth Gilbert.
Funny life quotes about parenting & marriage
Finding the one you truly love and becoming parents with them are some of the best and most fulfilling things in life. Moments of laughter make the parenthood or marriage journey more meaningful. Check out some hilarious quotes about parenting and marriage;
- "When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to hear '27 months.' 'He's two' will do just fine. He's not a cheese. And I didn't really care in the first place." - George Carlin.
- "You know, sometimes kids get bad grades in school because the class moves too slow for them. Einstein got D's in school. Well, guess what, I get F's!!!" - Bill Watterson.
- "I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life."- Rita Rudner.
- "If variety is the spice of life, marriage is the big can of leftover Spam." - Johnny Carson.
- "Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him." - Groucho Marx.
- "There never was a child so lovely, but his mother was glad to get him asleep." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Hilarious life quotes
Sometimes, all we need to have a better day is a good quote that is hilarious. Here are some of them;
- "A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often." - Oliver Herford.
- "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." - Winston S Churchill.
- "Ugly truths are the biggest source of indigestion in humans." - Raheel Farooq.
- "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A Heinlein.
- "Be careful about reading health books. Some fine day you'll die of a misprint." - Markus Herz.
- "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein.
Short funny life quotes
These short funny quotes teach us about self-love and acceptance. They also remind us that life is not always hard and serious. A hearty laugh is all it takes to melt some problems away.
- "I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen.
- "The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax." - Albert Einstein.
- "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." - Oscar Wilde.
- "The planet is fine. The people are f*cked." - George Carlin.
- "Accept who you are. Unless you're a serial killer." - Ellen DeGeneres.
- "When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye." - Cathy Guisewite.
Wise and funny quotes
Without wisdom, we set ourselves up for doom. These essential words remind us to apply wisdom in our day-to-day lives.
- "The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - Walter Bagehot.
- "The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up." - Mark Twain.
- "Age is of no importance unless you're a cheese." - Billie Burke.
- "Life is like a sewer – what you get out of it depends on what you put into it." - Tom Lehrer.
- "You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself." - Sam Levenson.
- "If you're going to be thinking, you may as well think big." - Donald Trump
Thought-provoking funny life quotes
Sometimes, we hear funny sayings and merely laugh or brush them off. Later on, we replay the words and realize that they contain a hidden and profound meaning. Here are some of these thought-provoking funny quotes;
- "If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?" - Albert Einstein.
- "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Winston S Churchill.
- "If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out." - Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
- "Never trust people who smile constantly. They're either selling something or not very bright." - Laurell K. Hamilton.
- "One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute." William Feather.
- "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." - Dalai Lama.
For today's generation
Compared to the older generations, the newer generations are struggling to keep up appearances. People are always comparing their lives with those of their peers. These funny quotes remind the younger population to be responsible for their lives and to be their authentic selves.
- "Be stupid, be dumb, be funny, if that's who you are. Don't try to be someone that society wants you to be; that's stupid. So be yourself." - Christina Grimmie.
- "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt.
- "Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it, and he'll have to touch it to be sure." - Murphy's Law.
- "Part of my act is meant to shake you up. It looks like I'm being funny, but I'm reminding you of other things. Life is tough, darling. Life is hard. And we better laugh at everything; otherwise, we're going down the tube." - Joan Rivers.
- "There is a saying that if you get something for free, you should know that you're the product. It was never more true than in the case of Facebook and Gmail and YouTube. You get free social-media services, and you get free funny cat videos. In exchange, you give up the most valuable asset you have, which is your personal data." - Yuval Noah Harari.
- "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity." - George Carlin.
Top 40 funny sayings about life
Besides the above life quotes funny, there are many sayings about life that are both funny and educative. They teach us how to live well and how to cope with the challenges that we may face. They also remind us of some crucial lessons that we may have forgotten over time. These top 40 funny sayings are;
- Seeing a spider in my room isn't scary. It's scary when it disappears.
- I just wanted you to know that somebody cares. Not me, but somebody does.
- If you're hotter than me, then that means I'm cooler than you.
- We're all mature, until someone pulls out some bubble wrap.
- I was gonna take over the world today but I overslept. Postponed, again!
- Our phones fall, we panic. Our friends fall, we laugh.
- Square box, round pizza, triangle slices, now that's confusing.
- Don't judge me. I was born to be awesome, not perfect.
- Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe.
- How come iPhone chargers are not called apple juice?
- My house was clean yesterday, sorry you missed it.
- Pleasing everyone, that's impossible. Making everyone angry, piece of cake!
- Some people are like clouds. When they go away, it's a brighter day.
- Sometimes I'm grateful that thoughts don't appear as bubbles over our heads.
- I have lots of hidden talents. The problem is, even I can't find them.
- It may look like I'm doing nothing, but in my head I'm quite busy.
- I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making a few more.
- On Mercury a day lasts 1,408 hours. Just like every Monday does on Earth.
- Life is not about how you survive the storm, it's about how you dance in the rain.
- The future is shaped by your dreams, so stop wasting time and go to sleep!
- I don't like violence but I don't mind if I get hit by luck.
- I don't want to adult today, I just want to dog. I'll be lying down on the floor in the sun, you can pet me and bring me some snacks.
- I never knew a single noise could actually drive a person insane, but then I had kids and realised all things really are possible.
- No matter how big a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people.
- Some days, I can conquer the world. Other days, it takes me three hours to convince myself to shower.
- Being an adult is like folding a fitted sheet. No one really knows how.
- I tried to be normal once. Worst two minutes of my life.
- Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice.
- You can't be sad when you're holding a cupcake.
- Life is not a fairy-tale. If you lose your shoe at midnight, you're drunk.
- If size really mattered, the elephant would be the king of the jungle.
- An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it hard enough.
- Life is short, smile while you still have teeth.
- When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.
- Every tattoo is temporary because we're all slowly dying.
- If the world didn't suck, we'd all fly into space.
- Think like a proton. Always positive.
- The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.
- Romance is the icing, but love is the cake.
- It is not love that makes a relationship complicated; it's the people in it who do.
Life is challenging. Every day, there is a new obstacle to conquer. While it may feel like things are always difficult, we can make our lives easier using these funny quotes about life. Not only do they give us a moment of laughter, but they also teach and remind us about the crucial things in life.