Buddha quotes are the epitome of kindness, happiness and love. For a long time, Buddha sayings have been used all over the world to inspire generations. We hear some of these Buddhist quotes in seminars, workshops and many other social forums.
Are you looking for the best Buddha quotes to motivate yourself or friends? There are plenty of Buddhist sayings touching on various aspects of life. Find some of these Buddhist proverbs and sayings below.
Buddha quotes on life
Buddah quotes are used to shape life through self-discovery. As you read through, you will discover that they touch on your day to day interaction with your surroundings.
- Law of attraction: When you truly want something and go after it without limiting yourself with disbelief, the universe will make it happen.
- No poison can kill a positive thinker, and no medicine can save a negative thinker.
- Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
- You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
- Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates. Is it true, is it necessary, and is it kind?
- Never lower your standards because you are lonely; it is better to be yourself than to be with the wrong person.
- Accept what is, let go of what was and have faith in what will be.
- Ego is just like dust in the eyes… Without clearing the dust, we cannot see anything clearly, so clear the ego and see the world.
- Keep your distance from people who will never accept that they are wrong and always try to make you feel like it is your entire fault.
- Family is not about blood; it is about who is willing to hold your hand when you need it most.
- People you attract into your life reflect the beliefs you hold.
- Breathe, step back, think then react.
- In life, when you encounter mean and hurtful people, treat them like sandpaper. No matter how rough they may scrub you, you end up polished and smooth.
- When you find no solution to a problem, it is probably not a problem to be solved. It is a truth to be accepted.
- Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it.
- Do not go with the flow be the flow.
- We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy flows like a shadow that never leaves.
- On the journey of human life, faith is the best companion, health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
- Inner peace starts the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.
- The problem isn't the problem; your reaction is the problem.
- Learn from everyone, follow no one.
- Drop by drop is the water pot filled; likewise, a wise man gathering little by little fills himself with good.
- Don't save something for a special occasion, every day of your life is a special occasion.
- Work out your own salvation, do not depend on others.
- You learn nothing from life when you think you are right all the time.
- By your own efforts, waken yourself; watch yourself, and live joyfully. You are the master.
- The root of suffering is attachment.
- The truth does not have to be liked. It only has to be spoken. Speak it out. The truth may hurt you, but it will set you free.
- Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Your mind arrives at your destination before your life does.
- When you let go; you great space for better things to enter your life.
- One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to accept what you cannot change.
- The only thing you can really control is how you react to things out of your control.
- With a meditative mindset, you access the universal energy that is in constant flow in each moment.
- Do not dwell in the past; do not dream of the future, concentrate your mind on the present.
- Life is about balance, be kind but do not let people abuse you; trust but do not get deceived; be content but never stop improving.
Buddha quotes on happiness
Happiness is all most people desire. However, do you know that without a proper understanding of what happiness is, you will never attain it? Draw wisdom from some of these Buddhism quotes below:
- Happy are those who take life by the day, complain very little, and are thankful for the very little things in life.
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, then you will be successful.
- Your mind always believes everything you tell it. Feed it faith. Feed it happiness. Feed it the truth. Feed it love.
- Nothing will bring you peace and happiness than minding your own business.
- Go easy on yourself, whatever you do today, let it be enough and stay happy.
- You will never be happy if you continue to hold on to things that make you sad.
- Remember, most of your stress comes from the way you respond, not the way your life is. Adjust your attitude, and all that stress is gone.
- Worrying does not take away tomorrow's problems; it takes away today's happiness.
- Do not think too much, just do what makes you happy.
Buddha quotes on love
The kind of sacrifice that comes with love is out of this world. Some of these Buddhist quotes on love remind you to stay in control of your emotions so that you love right and live happily.
- Be someone you want to be around.
- The heart is like a garden; it can grow the seed of compassion, or fear, resentment, or love. What seed will you plant there?
- Distance does not separate your from loved ones; silence does.
- He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.
- When you like a flower, you just pluck it. But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
- Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. That is an unalterable law.
- In the end, only three things matter: How much you loved, how gently you lived and how gracefully you let go off things not meant for you.
- True love is born from understanding.
- The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.
- Our sorrow and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.
- Two principal of happy life; use things, not people, love people not things.
- Be kind to and love all creatures. That is the true religion.
- You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
Buddha quotes on karma
Your actions today determine your life tomorrow. That's what karma is all about. Some of Buddhism quotes on karma are listed below.
- The mind is everything, what you think you become.
- Successful people always have two things on their lips; Silence and a smile.
- You only fail when you stop trying.
- The best revenge is no revenge. Just forget they never existed.
- You live most of your life inside your head; make sure it is an excellent place to be.
- A great attitude becomes a great mood. A great mood becomes a great day. A great day becomes a great year. A great year becomes a great life.
- You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.
- If you can stay positive in a negative situation, you win.
Buddha quotes on change
Our decisions shape our destinies. Which are some awesome Buddhist quotes on change?
- Change is never painful. Only resistance to change is painful.
- Only you can change your life; no one else can do it for you.
- You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.
- Our theories of the eternal are as valuable as are those that a chick which has not broken its way through its shell might form of the outside world.
Buddha quotes on death
Death is the ultimate end of human beings. Budda quotes on death inspire you to live courageously without fear of what lies ahead.
- Good health is simply the slowest way a human being can die.
- There is no fear for one whose mind is filled with desire.
- Neither fire, nor wind, birth, nor death, can erase our good deeds.
- Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
- Perhaps the most profound reason why we are afraid of death is because we do not know who we are.
- Everything is changeable, everything appears and disappears; there is no blissful peace until one passes beyond the agony of life and death.
These are some of the best Buddha quotes you will come across. Use any of these Buddha quotes to draw wisdom or inspire your friends.