There is a recognized opinion in society that a retirement is a sad event. Stop thinking of it in this way; it is not the end of your life. In fact, retirement ushers in a new stage of your life. If your colleague or friend is retiring, sending them a card or a message with several heart-touching retirement quotes is ta nice way to congratulate them.
It is not always easy to think up what to write in a retirement card, sometimes the right words just do not come to mind. If you face this issue right now, you can use these quotes to draw inspiration or create your own unique touching words.
Retirement is an event that awaits many people, and we should not underestimate its importance. Everyone should celebrate this moment as we celebrate other important life events like birthdays. Use these inspirational retirement quotes for a message, a greeting card or as part of oration at such a celebration.
- Dear friend! Now you may not realize how happy you are. It is understandable because we used to work with each other, but now it is time to forget about this daily grind and dedicate yourself to an orderly happy life with your family. You deserve a rest, happy retirement!
- You got a whole new life ahead of you, and the entire collective secretly is jealous of you. The company will miss you and your bright mind. I wish you a long, happy and carefree life!
- You achieved the highest results while working at our company; only a few people have ever done this. Don’t think that it is the end — now you should achieve a better life in retirement. Good luck!
- How it happened that you are retiring? I have a feeling that you joined our team only yesterday. The time is so fleeting... We wish your retirement would pass slowly and last forever!
- Do you remember how we loved our rare weekends among the plenty of work we had to do? Now your weekends are unlimited! Nobody will call you from work; you can sleep till lunch and stay in bed all day without any bad conscience! I wish I could be retired with you…
- The whole world is open up for you, some sad things kind of work and duties can keep you. You can travel where you want; you can read what you want and relax as long as you want. Best wishes.
READ ALSO: 30 self love quotes to boost your self esteem
- You are retired. I do not know how we will work without your genius ideas and thoughts. You were the engine of our company and an example for all workers. We thank you for being our leader and motivator. I promise that you will never be forgotten!
- The human’s life is like an enormous book, consisting of chapters. You’ve already read “Childhood”, “School and college life” chapters, they were exciting. The “Work” chapter is almost over. At this moment you open the enormous separate book, named “Retirement”. I wish you the story to be full of happiness, joy, love and children’s smiles. Be happy!
- We always heard that life begins at 40. They deceived us because real life begins with retirement. Dear colleague, you are free to do everything we discussed during our breaks. I would sincerely congratulate you and admit that I envy you, because my time is not now, unfortunately. Enjoy it for both of us, okay? Happy retirement!
- Our team every day wondered your love and dedication to the work process, so we wish you to save this attitude, and transfer it to your retirement time! We hope that this stage of life will be as good as the previous one.
Funny retirement quotes
Use these funny retirement quotes to raise the spirits of someone who isn't taking retiring too well.
- Do you remember that we told you to give up your bad habits? Well, you did not understand us; we meant your work.
- You can retire from this work, but you cannot retire from being the best friend and coworker in the world!
- Retirement is an amazing time when you can do any stupid things or even do nothing without being reprimanded by the boss.
- Congratulations on your retirement. Now you will be forced to work on a never-ending project that will take up all your time, and it’s called – Doing Nothing.
- Are you sure that you leave your work? It seems to be that retirement is the new work, but without weekends and vacations.
- There is only one group of persons in the world who are happy on Mondays’ mornings — retired people.
- Have you ever experienced the feeling, when you go to bed late at night and realize that you will not have to hear this annoying alarm bell in the morning? Of course, you know, but you will enjoy that feeling every day soon.
READ ALSO: 50 romantic love messages for her and him
- Have you ever heard the best and the shortest description of retirement? It is time when you stop living at the office and begin to live in life.
- Over time, the dream of eternal youth turns into an idea of eternal retirement.
- When we become older, we envy students, because they have breaks, and we do not even have an idea that retirement is the eternal break for adults.
If these phrases are entitled as texts, sayings or quotes, it does not mean that you have to use them for their intended use. They can serve good as retirement messages or statuses on social media sites.
Retirement card messages
There is a tradition in many companies to sign retirement cards for workers who are leaving. The words of congratulations on these cards are, in most cases, the same, and this may be depressing. When a retiree reads these cliched words, they hardly feel loved, needed and appreciated. You can share the memories connected with this person to let them know that you will miss them.
- We congratulate you. You have earned this rest over the years of dedicated hard work at our company. We will never forget our funny talks during breaks. We hope your retirement will be endless and our breaks become full-fledged walks and sit-downs.
- Now you may forget about work and enjoy your free life in retirement. Do not forget about us as we do not forget about such a model coworker like you. You have done so much for us. Happy retirement!
- You are one of my closest friends, and you can not imagine how am I happy to see you retiring. You deserve it like no one else does. To replace you will be the most challenging task for us. Congratulations!
- Thank you for all the years spent and worked together. We know that you still got some fuel in your tank, but your time has come. You are the happiest worker in our team now, and we envy you. The only thing you should do now is to relax and enjoy life!
READ ALSO: 20 powerful quotes to inspire and motivate you
- All team and our boss appreciated the efforts you put into doing your work well. If you put the same efforts to the upcoming retirement, it will be a fantastic and happy pastime.
- Up to this moment, you mainly focused on your life and did everything to make yourself happy and successful. As we see, you achieved it, and now you are retiring. It means that your aim now is to change the grandkids’ life for the better and dedicate yourself to them. Don’t forget about us; we will miss you a lot. Happy rest!
- I want to congratulate you with your retirement. It is hard for me to imagine our office/workplace without you: there will be no our jokes, talks and fun in the coffee breaks. Anyway, you should stay positive; you are free to do whatever you want — appreciate it!
- We have talked a lot about this, and it finally happened. You are a retiree. Only at times like this, we realize the fleetness of human’s life. Do not forget it. Spend your time usefully. Happy retirement! P.S. I am looking forward to joining you!
- Retirement is one of the many doors in your life, and you should walk in it with your head held high. There are no reasons for sadness because many happy moments are waiting for you ahead. Happy retirement!
- Congratulations on your retirement! You can fully enjoy your life without thinking about work, deadlines and reports. It is a valuable sentiment. You worked hard, and now you party hard. I wish you the longest and stressless life ever!
The importance of retirement quotes as a way to do something nice for your boss, friend or coworker cannot be underestimated.
READ ALSO: 50 cute quotes for your significant other, friends and family