Forgiveness quotes contain some of the best advice, wisdom, and encouragement that make it easy for us to accept the past and move on. This is based on the fact that they are written by people who most likely went through a similar situation that we are currently facing. As they say, experience is the best teacher. We learn to accept the difficult results of actions affecting our lives and change our mindsets for a brighter future.
Most people around the world suffer depression because they cannot let go. You either know them personally, or it could be you going through a hard self-forgiveness phase. Since time is a healer, we have selected the best forgiveness quotes that guarantee to ease the pain and prepare you for a peaceful and fresh start. You can also share these deep forgiveness quotes and be the reason why someone overcomes these fears and face life with a renewed vibrant spirit.
Quotes about letting go
The powerful messages in forgive quotes help us in learning that the past cannot be changed, but the future holds all possibilities.
- “The truth is unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” — Steve Maraboli
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” — Joseph Campbell
- “There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.” — Jessica Hatchigan
- “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” — Deepak Chopra
In life, we come across different people, some of whom some can offend us by their behaviour and actions. The best thing to do is to release those negative memories from our hearts and minds and focus on the good memories.
- “Unforgiveness is so much stress, I tell you. You just keep going round in circles instead of taking a straight path which forgiveness offers.” — Omoakhuana Anthonia
- “People have to forgive. We don't have to like them, we don't have to be friends with them, we don't have to send them hearts in text messages, but we have to forgive them, to overlook, to forget. Because if we don't we are tying rocks to our feet, too much for our wings to carry!” – JoyBell C. C.
- “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you” – Lewis B. Smedes
Religious quotes about forgiveness
Forgiveness is a spiritual topic that is evident in all religions. Despite your faith, you can always learn one or two essential forgiveness messages to help you out through your situation.
- Matthew 18:21 “...if a person remains in a state of unforgiveness the Spirit of the Lord will allow tormentors to enter him. That's what Christ told Peter when the disciple asked, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" — Benny Hinn
Forgive yourself quotes
What is the point of living a life where you punish yourself for the mistakes you did? Accept the fact that you are only human and error is natural.
- “Stop blaming yourself. It will eat up all that's good inside of you. What's done is done. Beating yourself over the head won't erase the past.” — Murielle Cyr
- “There’s a destructive power in unforgiveness and unforgiveness controls you in a negative way. It’s time to let it all go! You become strong when you genuinely forgive. You become empowered when you genuinely forgive. You gain back your inner peace when you genuinely forgive. You release stress, bitterness and anger when you genuinely forgive. But most importantly, you’re able to live your best life when you genuinely forgive. Give yourself permission to live life free of toxic thoughts, feelings, and energy. Forgive!” — Stephanie Lahart
- “I no longer look to my abusers with any expectation– of remorse, or apology or restitution or restoration or relationship. I’m at peace, accepting that they won’t and can’t help me out of the mess they created. But, I’m the best qualified for that job anyway and I’m happy with the job I’m doing.” — Christina Enevoldsen
READ ALSO: Top 20 Bible verses about forgiveness
Quotes on forgiveness
With the perfect forgiveness quote, your understanding can completely be changed as you realize that forgiving someone is more of a benefit to you than to them.
- “I don't think it is ever too late to seek forgiveness and rewrite your future.” — Clara Reighard
- “People should never be punished permanently for their mistakes. It takes a strong person to admit their faults, but it takes an even bigger person to forgive and really let it go.” — Karen A. Baquiran
- “Maybe forgiveness means you stop keeping tabs on those people. Wounds can't heal if you keep touching them.” — Joyce Rachelle
- “Forgiveness hurts but its reward is priceless.” — Naide P Obiang
Moving forward quotes
Life is for the living and not for one to be guilty or bitter. Free yourself by forgiving to enjoy the good days in the future.
- “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” — Lyndon B. Johnson
- “There can never be peace... not for the departing, and not for those who remain, if bad blood and harmful deeds aren't resolved. Without one asking for forgiveness and the other forgiving, the departing one can't leave. And the remaining one can't say goodbye with their whole heart.” — Anne Ostby
- Making a significant life change can be scary but living with regret is always scarier.
- “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” — Raymond Lindquist
- “Un-forgiveness is like debris, if you continue to pile them up, your mind will be occupied with the unwanted and there would be no space for the needed.” — Anikor Daniel
Love and forgiveness
Most people in romantic relationships have either hurt or been hurt by their loved ones. If you are going through a breakup, take encouragement from these letting go quotes.
- Sometimes it takes a heart break to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we are settling for.
- “If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don’t, they never were.” — Khalil Gibran
- The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest, and the first to forget is the happiest.
Forgive me quotes
Learn to ask for forgiveness from people you might have wronged. This displays your effort of acknowledging your wrongs, learning from your doings, and plan for turning a new leaf.
- “Forgive my indifference; I'd rather be distant than devastated.” — Elizabeth Lowell
- I'm not perfect. Remember that, and try to forgive me when I fail you.
- Please forgive me for whatever I have done in the past. I regret my past. But, it had taught me a good lesson and made me a strong person. It will not be repeated again.
- “I pray to you to forgive me from all my sins, to allow me to glorify you in every possible way.” — Mohamed Atta
Forgiveness quotes and let it go quotes contain powerful messages that are sure to redefine our fates as we learn to accept our pasts and forgive. Most of these quotes contain the wisdom as they are words spoken by some of the most experienced and successful individuals that planet Earth ever hosted. Forgiveness takes time but is undoubtedly worth it.
READ ALSO: These letting go quotes will help you with your ex