50+ quotes about moving on that will help you through tough times
Moving forward from the past and embracing the joy the future has to offer is better than losing your joy while holding onto past hurt. Even though it is a difficult thing to do, it is in your best interest to let go of the past and embrace the future. Here are some of the best quotes about moving on that will help you through difficult times.
There is no doubt that it is difficult to let go and heal from past pain. However, to be able to enjoy the peace that comes from allowing positive energy to flow through you, you must decide to let go and move on.
Quotes about moving on in life
Everyone needs the motivation to be able to make the right decision sometimes. The following quotations about moving on in life will motivate you to do the right thing.
- Life moves on, and so should we. – Spencer Johnson
- Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.– Dr. Seuss
- You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won't happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.– Joel Osteen
- Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness. – Steve Maraboli
- Sometimes you have to move on without certain people. If they’re meant to be in your life, they’ll catch up.– Mandy Hale
- You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened, or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on.– Tupac Shakur
- Moving on is a simple thing; what it leaves behind is hard. – Anonymous
- Moving on is easy. It’s staying moved on that’s trickier. – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
- Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on. – Criss Jami, Salomé
- When you start to abandon your old beliefs or values – you may be stuck at the threshold for two or three years. Before moving on, you have to clear away your cherished beliefs. – Dick Raymond
- You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles. – C. JoyBell
- Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny. – Steve Maraboli
- Here’s to the future, because I’m done with the past. – Anonymous
- Don’t cry because it’s over; smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
- God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. – Reinhold Niebuhr
- The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are. – J.P. Morgan
- Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go but rather learning to start over. – Nicole Sobon
- Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. – Maria Robinson
- One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can’t change. –Unknown
- Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed. – Wayne Dyer
- Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly allow your mind to be open. You are able to gain from the unique views of others, without being brought down by your own thinking. – Ralph Marston
You can upload a quote about moving on in life on your social media pages, or you can use it as a screen saver to remind yourself that the best is yet to come
Time to move on quotes
If you are struggling with letting go of the past, hurt, and disappointments, here are some quotes to remind you that it is time to move on:
- You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding. – Guy Finley.
- It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you've known forever don't see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories but find yourself moving on. – Nicholas Sparks
- Girls, you've gotta know when it's time to turn the page. – Anonymous
- When the place you are no longer serves you joy, it's time to move on. – Anonymous
- How do you know when it's time to move on from someone? When you can no longer see your future in them and theirs in yours. – Anonymous
- It is very easy to confuse a time to move on with a time to stand and fight. Knowing the difference between these two would help you live a happier life. – Anonymous
- Never hold on when it's time to let go; never stay when it's time to move on. – Anonymous
- Everything has its purpose. When the purpose of a thing has been served, and there's no point keeping it around, it's time to let it go. – Anonymous
- When your fights are more than your celebrations in a place, it's time to let it go. – Anonymous
Quotes about moving forward
There are situations where it is fine to be patient, where you have to persevere, but when it is time to step out of a situation and forge a new path, do not hesitate to take the victory road. These move forward quotes will lift your spirits and encourage you.
- The truth is unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.– Steve Maraboli
- I demolish my bridges behind me...then there is no choice but to move forward. –Fridtjof Nansen
- Rehashing the past wouldn’t change anything. Time to move forward. – Zena Wynn
- It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place. – Angelina Jolie
- The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did. – Faraaz Kazi
- Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it, and then move on. – Bob Newhart
- Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer. – Denis Waitley
- The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future. – Alyson Noel
- Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love? – Leo Buscaglia
- If you want to fly on the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down. – Amit Ray
Quotes about moving on from a relationship
These inspiring quotes will help you muster the courage and strength to go on with your life after a bad breakup.
- It's always hard to let go after giving your heart to someone, but you must keep living, you must move on.
- Sometimes in life, what is best may not be easy, but you'll just have to do it, you have to move on and live your life the way that makes you happy.
- Holding on to a dead relationship will only hurt you more. Move on, live your life to the fullest because it's golden.
- When a relationship starts affecting your mental health, just know that it is time to move on.
- The best thing to do to a toxic relationship is to throw it in the trash and move on with your life.
- Crying over a broken relationship will not fix it, get up and get ready to move on to the next best thing life has for you.
- You will be happy if you could just walk out on the relationship that makes you small and move on to someone who makes you feel special.
- Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to help us awake & see we are worth so much more than we are settling for. – Mandy Hale
- Hey, the relationship is over, it is time to move on!
- Holding to the hurt of past relationships will not let you enjoy the joy and love that the present has to offer, forgive, heal, and move on.
- Girls, you've gotta know when it's time to turn the page. – Tori Amos, Tori Amos: From the Choirgirl Hotel
Quotes about moving on remind us that it is okay to be sad sometimes and that it is okay to grieve the end of a relationship, an era, e.t.c. But do not sit in that space too long, get up and prepare for life's new adventure.
READ ALSO: Inspirational wise quotes for every occasion
Do you need inspirational wise quotes? Check out Legit.ng's list of top inspirational wise quotes for every occasion.
These quotes will teach you valuable lessons that will make your life better.