The thing with life is that it may push you to absolute extremes that could leave you heartbroken, demotivated, or on the verge of a mental breakdown. For a long time now, individuals have been known to find solace, motivation, and inspiration from the great sayings and the powerful quotes of inspiring people. Most of the inspiring people are believed to have lived a long time ago. Fortunate for us is the fact that we can go back in time and appreciate their sayings since they have been well treasured and passed on from generation to generation.
For an individual to get inspiration from powerful quotes, it is essential that the individual looks at the deeper or literal meaning of the saying, rather than the surface meaning.
10 of the most powerful quotes to inspire you
When people are looking for inspiring quotes, they often tend to look for powerful Christian quotes or powerful inspirational quotes. To narrow down your search on some most powerful quotes about life and humanity that can inspire you, we have compiled a list of quotes that we believe can inspire you. They include:
- "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." — Maya Angelou
The quote inspires individuals to acquire humanity traits such as compassion, love, and care.
- "Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely." — Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
This quote is one of the best and most powerful life quotes. It emphasizes on individuals making the right choices that can propel them to greatness.
- "You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control." — Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
The quote advises individuals to focus on controlling their minds since it is the greatest weapon one can use to manage their life.
- "Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart." — Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
Fear hinders most people from pursuing their dreams. Roy inspires people to focus more on their goals rather than their concerns.
- "Courage is the most important of all the virtues because, without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently." — Maya Angelou
Maya inspires individuals to be courageous since she argues that courage unlocks other traits.
- "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." — Bear Bryant
Most people do not believe in themselves. The price of lack of self-belief is a failure, and Bear inspires people to believe in themselves if they want to be successful.
- "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it." — Steve Jobs
The quote emphasizes on doing what you love, thereby inspiring people to turn their passion into business ventures.
- "Creativity Is Intelligence Having Fun." – Albert Einstein
Einstein tries to encourage people to have fun as they try to be innovative and creative.
- "We May Encounter Many Defeats But We Must Not Be Defeated." — Maya Angelou
Maya inspires people to have the spirit of positive thinking even at their downfall.
- "Whether You Think You Can Or Think You Can't, You're Right." — Henry Ford
Ford challenges the mindset of individuals using this quote. He implies that whatever one thinks, he or she becomes an architect of his or her own fortunes.
Ten powerful motivational quotes
When people lack motivation in their life, they often turn to either friends or quotes to try and get their mojo back. Most tend to look for short powerful quotes that can revive their mood. If you are looking for powerful positive quotes, here is a list from where to choose from:
- "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The surest way to succeed is always to try just one more time" — Thomas A. Edison
The quote motivates one not to give up but try one more time. It could be the chance that finally opens up doors for you.
- "Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your powers you cannot be successful or happy" — Norman Vincent Peale
Peale motivates people in believe in themselves since they hold their key to success.
- "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" — Zig Ziglar
Ziglar motivates people to start working on their dreams, rather than wait to be great for them to begin pursuing their dreams.
- "If you are working on something that you really care about, you don't have to be pushed. The vision pulls you" — Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs motivates people to work on what they love doing rather than on what they are forced to do.
- "People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do" — Rob Siltanen
This is one of the best motivational quotes since it challenges individuals to dare to dream and implement their wildest thoughts.
- "There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking" — Brian Tracy
Tracy motivates individuals to continue dreaming since all dreams are achievable.
- "Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems" — Brian Tracy
This quote by Brain Tracy goes to challenge the mindset of most leaders. Tracy challenges leaders always to have a positive mindset that will help them to lead their negative oriented staff.
- "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; We must do" — Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
According to Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, having information about how to perform a particular task or dreaming about how to go about it is not enough. Knowledge and dreams do not matter if they are not translated into actions.
- "The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty" — Winston Churchill
This quote by Winston Churchill challenges and motivates people to have an optimist mindset. After reading this quote, you will be prompted to focus on positive thinking rather than focusing on the negative.
- "Don't let yesterday take up too much of today" — Will Rogers
This is one of the most loved motivational quotes by individuals worldwide. It motivates people to focus on tomorrow rather than drown in the pain, heartbreak, or downfall of yesterday.
Although most people who are often down may not view quotes as the first approach to cheer them up, powerful quotes often do the trick even faster than friends. All one has to do is read the right quote that directly reflects what situation one is currently undergoing. The quotes will surely inspire and motivate you.
READ ALSO: 30 short inspirational messages and sayings