- A community in Borno state have been razed in a recent attack by some Boko Haram terrorists
- Eleven people including five soldiers were said to have died during the attack on a military base at Molai community
- According to residents, entire Molai Market square were set ablaze including shops and grinding machines
About 11 people have reportedly been killed in a recent attack on a military base at Molai community, in the outskirts of Maiduguri by some members of Boko Haram terrorist group, Leadership reports.
It was gathered that the incident which took place on Tuesday, May 7, started at about 6.30 pm and lasted for hours.
Five soldiers of the Nigerian Military were also said to be included in the victims of the fatal attack by the terrorists.
Residents said that members of the community were seen scampering for saftey during the attack and set the entire Molai Market square were set ablaze including shops and grinding machines.
Also, while six people and unspecified number of livestock were burnt by the insurgents, hat the newly commissioned Power substation that supplies electricity to the entire Maiduguri metropolis, Jere local government area and other communities were torched by the insurgents leading to total blackout since Tuesday.
A resident, Adamu Isa, who lost his brother in the attack said: “I was surprised to see soldiers running into the town from terrorists’ attacks."
"I have been hearing that when Boko Haram attacks military formations, the soldiers abandon their duty post and fled, it was until this attack in Molai when I saw with my eyes soldiers taking to their heels with their AK47 rifles hanged at their back that I know that it is true," Isa said.
Confirming the attack, a member of the Civilian Joint Task Force in Molai, Mohammed Abdul, said the terrorist stormed the community in convoy.
Abdul said: "The terrorists stormed the area in military styled convoys with explosives and threw them into residential houses. We lost 11 persons in the attacks, four civilians in Molai and seven others at check points including four soldiers.”
“We don’t know how many people are currently at hospital but many were wounded, we are still looking for our families since last night, many are yet to reunite with their families,” Abdul noted.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on Monday, May 6, finally confirmed that a corps member serving in Maiduguri and recognised as Abraham Amuta was actually abducted by Boko Haram insurgents in Borno.
The NYSC’s coordinator in Borno state, Rabiu Aminu, confirmed the incident to newsmen in Maiduguri.
Aminu said the corps member was abducted along with a pastor working with the Living Faith Church, simply identified as Oyeleke, in an attack coordinated by the insurgents against motorists on Maiduguri to Chibok road on April 10.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.
Nigerian women protest against harassment of ladies in Abuja | Legit TV