- International superstar, Chris Brown, got arrested in Paris after a 24-year-old girl accused him of rape
- The singer who was staying at Le Mandarin Oriental Hotel reportedly assaulted the young lady between January 15 and 16
- He, however, got released on January 23, with no charges pressed
Iconic US musician Chris Brown got arrested in Paris after a 24-year-old girl accused him of sexually assaulting her in his hotel room.
According to police reports, the lady claimed Chris who was staying at Le Mandarin Oriental Hotel sexually assaulted her between Tuesday, January 15, and 16.
However, he has been released from police custody and will not be facing any charges at this time, the Paris prosecutor's office said.
Legit.ng understands the RnB singer was in France to attend Paris Fashion Week.
The woman whose name has been withheld claimed she and the artiste met at Le Crystal club after which the two proceeded to his hotel room.
According to the alleged victim, she was in the company of two friends when Chris asked them to join him in his room.
However, the 24-year-old was isolated from her pals and left in the company of the musician while her friends joined two unnamed men reported to be Chris’ friends.
So far, authorities who took him into custody released him on January 24, with no charges filed.
READ ALSO: 7 Nigerian celebrities who were born rich
The singer has had his fair share of brushes with the law in the past 10 years. Here are some of his known troubles with the law:
• 2009: The musician was accused of physically abusing his girlfriend Rihanna. Chris plead guilty to the charges. The court sentenced him to 180 days community service and slapped the musician with five years’ probation.
• 2012: The Freaky Friday singer was involved in a scuffle with rapper Drake. The pair settled their differences.
• 2013: Chris beats up a stranger who attempted to take a picture of him outside a hotel. Earlier that year, the musician was slapped with 1,000 hours community service after being involved in an accident.
• 2014: The musician admits to going against his probation and gets arrested after leaving rehab.
• 2016: A lady accused the singer of hitting her at a Las Vegas hotel.
• 2017: Karrueche Tran, the musician’s ex-lover filed for a restraining order after Chris was accused of hitting the model.
• 2018: Chris was charged with battery and arrested after a performance.
• 2019: The singer was arrested in Paris after a 24-year-old lady accused him of raping her.
Did you know? NAIJ.com (naija.ng) is now-> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better.
PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app
Top 5 Richest Nigerian Musicians: Who Are They? on Legit TV: