- Nigeria's presidency has clarified the status of billionaire businessman Aliko Dangote, who was named as member of APC campaign council
- The presidency says Dangote is not a card carrying member of the APC
- Recall that the ruling All Progressives Congress made appointments into its presidential campaign council
- Bola Tinubu was appointed as a co-chairman of the council and will also be a member of the special advisory committee to President Muhammadu Buhari
- Billionaire businessmen Aliko Dangote and Femi Otedola are also members of the special advisory committee to the president
The inclusion of billionaire businessman Aliko Dangote in the list of the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign council for the 2019 general elections has been clarified.
The presidency in a statement signed by Femi Adesina, special adviser to the president on media and publicity, said the businessman is not a member of the APC.
The statement read:
"It has become imperative to further clarify the status of Alhaji Aliko Dangote, named under the sub-head ADVISORY MEMBERS in the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council announced on Friday, December 28, 2018.
"Africa's richest man, not being a card-carrying member of APC, cannot, and is not member of the PCC. He is also a member of the Peace Committee, and thus cannot be in a partisan campaign council."
Legit.ng earlier reported that the All Progressives Congress (APC) appointed the national leader of the party, Bola Tinubu, and billionaire businessmen Aliko Dangote and Femi Otedola, into its presidential campaign council for the 2019 general elections.
The news outlet gathers that the full list of members of the presidential council was released on Friday, December 28, by the special adviser to the president on media and publicity, Femi Adesina.
Tinubu, who will be co-chairing the council while the president chairs it, is part of the special advisory committee to President Buhari. Some other members of the committee include Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Dangote, Otedola, Senator Ahmed Lawan among others.
See full list below:
President Muhammadu Buhari
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
1. Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo.
2. The APC national chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomole
Vice chairman, north
Senator George Akume
Vice chairman, south
Senator Ken Nnamani
His Excellency, Rt Hon Rotimi Amaechi
Deputy director general (operations)
Senator AO Mamora
Deputy director general (coordination)
Arch Waziri Bulama
1. Adamu Adamu
2. Dele Alake
a. Northwest: Senator Aliyu M. Wamakko
b. Northeast: Senator Muh’d Ali Ndume
c. North Central: Senator Abdullahi Adamu
d. Southwest: Sola Oke (SAN)
e. Southeast: Sharon Ikeazor
f. South south: Senator Godswill Akpabio
a. Director, Buhari Support Groups - Dr Mahmoud Mohammed
b. Director, strategic communications - Festus Keyamo (SAN)
a. Deputy Director- Abike Dabiri- Erewa
c. Director, contact & mobilization - Hadiza Bala Usman
a. Deputy Director South -Victor Eboigre
b. Deputy Director North- Senator Bashir Nalado
d. Director, Election Planning & Monitoring - Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN
a. Deputy director I- Baba Kura Abba Jato
b. Deputy director II-Chief Emani Ayiri
e. Director, logistics – Dr. Pius Odubu
a. Deputy director- Senator Umanah Umanah
b. Deputy director II- Nasiru Danu
f. Director, policy research & strategy- Prof Abdulrahman Oba
a. Deputy director- Prof AK Usman
g. Director, Youth mobilization- Hon Tony Nwoye assisted by the APC youth leader Sadiq
a. Deputy Director North- Barrister Ismaeel Ahmed
b. Deputy director South - Jasper Azuatalam
h. Director, admin- Onari Brown
a. Deputy director I- Chris Hassan
b. Deputy director II- Abubakar Magaji Gasau
i. Director, women mobilization- Woman Leader Salamatu Baiwa
a. Deputy director, north – Binta Mu’azu
b. Deputy director, south - Adejoke Orelope Adefulire
j. Director, security – Gen A Dambazzau
a. Deputy Directors - Brigadier General Gambo and Mr. U. Ukoma
k. Director Legal – Emeka Ngige (SAN)
a. Deputy Director- Prof. Maman Lawan Yusufari
l. Director, field operations - Mallam Nuhu Ribadu
M. Director, finance - Wale Edun
Deputy Director ….Alhaji Adamu Fadan
Special advisory committee to Mr President
1. Vice president, Prof Yemi Osinbajo.
2. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
3. Senator Ahmed Lawan (Senate leader)
4. Hon Femi Gbajabiamila ( Leader of the House )
5. APC Party national chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomole
6. Alhaji Aliko Dangote.
7. Mr. Femi Otedola
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
1. Chief Bisi Akande
2. Chief John Oyegun
3. Senator Ita Enang
4. All APC serving Senators
5. All APC serving and former governors
6. All APC members of the House of Representatives
7. All members of the national working committee of the APC
8. All zonal women leader
1. Governors are to serve as state coordinators in their respective states
2. Gubernatorial candidates in non- APC states will serve as state coordinators in their respective states.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the national coordinator of APC Broom Platform, Dr Tom Ohikere, predicted that the ruling party would have a strong showing in the states controlled by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He identified the states as: Delta, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Rivers, Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi, and all in southeast and south-south region of the country.
Ohikere, who made the prediction in a statement he signed in Abuja on Tuesday, December 4, attributed his calculation to the personality of President Muhammadu Buhari, who he described as a blessing and an asset to the APC.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
Nigeria Latest News: Buhari vs Atiku - 2019 Elections | Legit TV