What do you know about the benefits of unripe papaya? If you have no clue how good this fruit can be for you, especially its seeds and water, then let us tell you all about it. Here, you can learn everything you about the many advantages of consuming pawpaw and its seeds while they are still green.
There are many benefits of papaya, whether it is in its unripe or ripe form. However, the green papaya contains more papain than ripe papayas.
Benefits of papaya seeds
Can you eat papaya seeds? Often people throw them away yet there are numerous wellness benefits of papaya seed. The seeds are not only edible but also very nutritious.
First, let’s start with the papaya seeds benefits. It turns out that they are really great for our well-being, and here are seven areas they are most helpful in:
- Fighting parasitic infections. Unripe pawpaw seeds contain lots of papain, a proteolytic enzyme that can help you get rid of such parasites as intestinal worms. Not only does it dissolve the fibrin and protective biofilm covering the parasites and their eggs, but it also normalizes the intestinal ecology, which makes it less hospitable to them.
- Liver cirrhosis treatment. Papaya seeds are known to be a great tool in the treatment of cirrhosis, as well as in general liver detoxification. They can also protect your liver from any prospective damage. In order to enjoy this benefit, you simply need to grind some seeds (up to 10), mix them with lime/lemon juice (about a tablespoon), and a glass of water. Drink it twice a day for a month, and you will be able to notice the results soon. However, consult your doctor before doing this.
- Treatment for bacterial infections and food poisoning. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of the pawpaw seeds, they can be used to treat bacterial infections, particularly food poisoning that has been caused by bacteria. The seeds should be taken with food three times a day as soon as the first symptoms manifest and until they disappear. It is best to use just a few seeds.
- Treatment of candida. Along with bacterial infections, pawpaw seeds can also help you with fighting fungal infections, particularly candida, which often goes on undiagnosed. This disease is most active when there is an issue with balance in your digestive system, so this therapy should keep it at bay.
- Treatment for viral infections. Of course, when you contract a viral infection, you should definitely seek medical attention. But if you want to make the treatment more effective, consider adding pawpaw seeds to your diet.
- Kidney protection. If you suffer from any kind of kidney disease or diabetes, then pawpaw seeds are a must-have for you. It is said that they protect the kidneys from the very harmful oxidative stress, so if you want them to be strong, consider consuming pawpaw seeds or their extract.
- Improved digestion. This is one of the most key papaya seed benefits. The aforementioned papain can help your digestive system break down the hard to digest protein. Eating papaya seeds with your meal (especially if it is meat-heavy), can help your digestive system do its job better and prevent any possible problems.
Benefits of unripe pawpaw water
Now that we are familiar with the papaya seeds benefits, let us look at the advantages of pawpaw water. Note that there is no one way to make unripe pawpaw water, and its benefits actually depend on the way you make it. You can use the fruit itself, the young leaves or even the roots of the plant to make this wonderful remedy.
For instance, green papaya soaked in water can help with stomach ulcers, impotence, ulcers, and jaundice. To help with the first two problems, cut up the unripe papaya, boil it in water (seeds and all), and leave for two days. After that filter out the liquid and drink half a glass two or three times a day (two for treating impotence, three for stomach ulcer).
To help with the other two problems, cut up the unripe pawpaw and soak it in water for several days. Drink half a glass of the water three times a day in both cases.
Unripe pawpaw juice can also be beneficial for you. Just mix it with an equal amount of honey, and then you can put two spoons of this mix in water and drink it 2-3 times a day to get rid of a stomachache.
If you infuse some water with yellow pawpaw leaves and drink half a glass of this drink three times every day, you can treat malaria or protect your immune system against it. By squeezing some pawpaw leaves into a glass of water, you can create a quick relief for constipation.
The liquid from the pawpaw roots can be helpful against cough. Just chew on the roots every three hours to alleviate the unpleasant feeling in your throat.
If you want to prevent the development of kidney stones, take some pawpaw roots, boil them in water and then strain. Mix this pawpaw root water with some honey and drink twice a day for a week.
What are the benefits of eating green papaya?
There are several pawpaw fruit benefits. The green fruit:
- Promotes wound healing
- Reduces the risk of you developing a heart condition
- Can ease the pain during menstruation
- Increases lactation
- Reduces the signs of the skin aging
- Can be a great help in infection treatment
- Improves digestive wellness
What will happen if we eat unripe papaya?
Unripe papaya is safe and beneficial to eat unless you are pregnant. It contains latex in high concentrations which can cause contractions and the papain may damage particular membranes crucial for the development of the fetus. For those who are not pregnant, this raw fruit improves digestion.
As you can see, there are lots of green papaya benefits and pretty much every part of this fruit can be useful for something. So go out and get yourself some unripe papaya to enjoy its many advantages.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. All content available on this page is for general information purposes only. In case of serious concerns, you should consult a licensed medical practitioner.