- Senate president Bukola Saraki has said that the report on mace theft is ready
- Some thugs had on April 18 invaded the Senate and stolen the mace, which is the symbol of authority of the legislative house
- He also referred the report to the Senate committee on ethnics, privileges and public petitions for further deliberation
Senate president Bukola Saraki has said the report of the panel that investigated the invasion of the Senate was ready.
Daily Trust reports that the Senate was invaded by thugs numbering about ten on April 18 and carted away the mace, the symbol of authority of the parliament.
READ ALSO: Dino Melaye finally reveals why he jumped off police vehicle
Legit.ng gathered that the Senate had on April 25 constituted an ad-hoc committee chaired by Senator Bala Ibn Na'Allah (APC, Kebbi).
Saraki referred the report to the Senate committee on ethnics, privileges and public petitions, chaired by Senator Sam Anyanwu (APC, Imo).
"The report should be referred to the ethics committee for appropriate action," he said.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Senate asked the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, to order the immediate parade of the six suspects who invaded its chamber and stole the mace last month.
Suspected thugs had, on April 18, 2018, invaded the Senate chamber while plenary was ongoing and made away with the symbol of authority of the legislature.
Dino Melaye and 2019 Criminal Conspiracy | - on Legit.ng TV