In this article, we will tell you some interesting facts about Godwin Emefiele’s biography. He has just been nominated for second term by President Muhammadu Buhari as the governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
He is the current Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria; he also served as managing and executive director of Zenith Bank Plc before being appointed to his current position in 2014 Goodluck Jonathan.
Early years and education
- He was born on August 4, 1961, in Lagos; his hometown is Ika South, Delta state.
- He obtained his primary education at schools in Victoria Island and Igbosere. He graduated in 1973.
- In 1978, he received a WASC certificate in a secondary school in Ikeja.
- After that, he studied at the University of Nigeria and obtained a bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance in 1984.
- In the fall of 1986, he received an MBA degree as the best graduate in Finance.
- He did not stop his educational path on this point and continued to study economics in Oxford; he received honorary qualifications, conducted studies connected with the art of negotiations, different strategies and theory of leadership.
- He also studied at Stanford, Harvard, the University of Pennsylvania and the business school of Wharton.
Before Godwin Emefiele was appointed Group Managing Director, he was engaged in the corporate services of the bank as Chief Executive officer. He also had to control the finances, the treasury and strategic planning at Zenith Bank Plc.
READ ALSO: Inspiring Nigerian entrepreneurs success stories
He has over 18 years working experience in the banking sector and has achieved good results all through his years of service.
He also ventured the path of being a professor; before joining the bank, he lectured students at the universities of Nigeria, Nsukka and University of Port Harcourt in insurance and finance.
He later decided to concentrate completely on banking. He is currently the head of ACCION Microfinance Bank Limited.
He lost his mother in April 2016. She was buried in Delta state according to traditional and Christian rites. The burial was attended by so many elites including governors, senators, chiefs of large state structures, professors, rich men and other popular people.
He is happily married to Margaret Emefiele and is a father of two children.
We hope you found the top facts about this smart banker very interesting. Let us wish the CBN Governor significant career successes and great management decisions.
READ ALSO: Ahmed Indimi biography