Governor Fayose appoints 6 new commissioners
- Governor Fayose approves six new commissioners to join the Ekiti state executive council
- The appointment of the commissioners was announced by the media aide to the governor, Lere Olayinka
- Fayose denies vying for presidency with former vice president Atiku Abubakar
The governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose, has approved the appointment of six persons as members of the state executive council.
The appointments were announced in a statement on Friday, August 4, by Lere Olayinka, the media aide to the governor.
According to the statement, those appointed include:
1. Barrister Kola Kolade - Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice
2. Hon. Ayo Alabi - Local Govt and Chieftaincy Affairs
READ ALSO: President Buhari calls Osun state governor over his mother’s demise
3. Hon Lanre Ogunsuyi - Information, Youths and Sports
4. Hon Taye Otitoju - Lands
5. Hon. Gbenga Olajide - Budget and Planning.
6. Hon Jide Egunjobi - Education, Science and Technology
PAY ATTENTION: Read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
7. Chief Tunde Ogunleye - Water Resources
8. Mrs Olayinka Ogundayomi - Women Affairs
Meanwhile, Fayose has reacted to news circulating online that there is tacit agreement for him to be the running mate of Atiku Abubakar during 2019 general election under the Peoples Democratic Party.
The governor in a statement by Lere Olayinka, said the PDP Governors Forum will announce his plan to run for the Presidency in October.
The statement noted that reports of Fayose vying for presidency with Atiku was not correct
In the clip below, Legit.ng TV asked some Nigerians if they would vote for Fayose if he contests in the 2019 presidential election. Watch their responses.