JAMB regularization is new for a lot of people. It begs different questions about the procedure, verification, regularization number and more. The procedure of regularization can be complicated. It is quite important to be aware of all the details about JAMB regularization. Today we will discuss the main questions that occur and give you tips about JAMB regularization procedure.
What is JAMB regularization?
JAMB regularization, also known as JAMB late application, is a reconciliation of one’s HND/ND/NCE/OND admission between JAMB and an institution. By institution, we mean college of education, previous school or polytechnic. However, there is a chance that you will not be officially admitted or will be admitted by the institution but without the approval of the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board. This may happen in two cases:
- The institution admitted you as a part-time student, who did not write the JAMB examination. In this case, you will not have the JAMB regularization number.
- The institution did not notify the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board about your admission. In this instance, you may have the JAMB number, but the admission is not approved.
To check your admission status, follow these steps:
1. Go to http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/
2. Create a profile or login.
3. Find “Check Admission Status.”
4. Select your exam year.
5. Enter the JAMB number and click enter.
If you get a message like “Sorry no admission is given yet” it means that your school, college of education or polytechnic did not notify JAMB yet. Wait for another set of admissions and then check your admission status again. If there is still no admission, then you should consider a new regularization of your JAMB registration number. You will learn more about this below.
JAMB regularization procedure
In order to qualify for mobilization by the NYSC, you have to be cleared by the JAMB. If for some reasons, you are not admitted, then you have to apply for regularization. That is why the JAMB regularization is also called late application.
The regularization fee is N10,000. The procedure is not complicated, just follow the steps below.
1. Visit http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility.
2. You are required to have a profile. If you already have a profile, then type in your login details.
3. If not, then create a profile. Click the “Create an account” button.
4. On the Sign Up page enter the required details.
5. After the registration, use your login details in order to sign in.
6. Select “Late (Retroactive) Application” and “Late Application”.
7. Next, you will see the Confirmation Page.
Important tip: On the Confirmation Page you will see the Transaction ID that was generated before through the service. It is displayed in bold red font. The Transaction ID will be used for all references relating to the Transaction. The copy of the ID will be sent to the e-mail address that you used during registration. Do not delete the letter.
8. Choose the way of payment - Online Card Payment or Bank Payment
9. Enter your card details and click the “Pay” button.
10. In the “My Payment” section you will see the status of your payment. You will receive a unique Transaction ID and information about your payment status in your e-mail box. Click Continue.
11. After payment, provide the year of exam and your JAMB registration number.
12. Next the application form. Fill it online and take notes of the mandatory fields.
13. Click the “Submit” button after completing your application.
14. Print the Indemnity Form. You should fill it and take to your institution for approval.
15. Then the institution will send the form to the JAMB state office.
16. After the processing of your application, you will receive a notification.
17. You will receive a new JAMB number in order to register your direct entry or your NYSC.
Important Tip: Once in a while check your Admission Status in order to stay aware of the situation.
It is essential to fill in all the forms correctly and take the Indemnity Form to your institution.
How to get JAMB regularization number?
This is a common question. You will receive the JAMB regularization number after the approval of your application. You may also regularize/validate the JAMB registration number that you received from your school after payment for regularization. The last one is done when there is still an issue with the admission (when you are checking your admission status it may say that “this number does not exist”).
In order to complete the regularization of your JAMB registration number you have to:
1. Go to http://www.jamb.org.ng/
2. Log in your account.
3. Enter the JAMB registration number provided by your institution after payment. Click “Validate”.
4. Complete all the necessary data. You will also have to upload your passport and capture the left and right thumbprint.
5. Click the “Submit” button.
6. Visit http://www.jamb.org.ng/ and choose the year when you got the admission from the institution.
7. Click the “Amend Data (Regularized Candidates Only).”
8. Enter the provided JAMB registration number and click the “Validate” button.
9. Check the displayed data and confirm if it is correct. Click “Update.”
10. After finishing all the steps, go to “Check Admission Status” and check your admission status.
Now you can use the JAMB regularization number to register for the direct entry.
The procedure of JAMB regularization may seem complicated. But indeed, it takes only four main steps:
- Creating a profile.
- Selecting the a desired service and making payment.
- Downloading and printing forms.
- Waiting for approving and uploading by the relevant authority.
Remember, the deadlines for regularization may be not announced by the JAMB until a week before. It is better to act as fast as you can. If you have the opportunity, contact your school instantly in order to confirm that the regularization is still on. Good luck!