Luis Suarez Back In Liverpool First-Team
Forward Luis Suarez trained with Liverpool's first-team squad on Friday according to Sky sources, after apologising to his team-mates for his conduct this summer.
The Uruguay international had been frozen out of first-team sessions after publicly demanding a transfer but the rift between player and club now appears be closing.
Suarez will definitely not feature in Saturday's Premier League opener at home to Stoke. He has six games left to serve of the 10-game ban he received for biting Branislav Ivanovic of Chelsea last April.
Despite his oft-stated desire to play Champions League football and a pair of bids from Arsenal, Liverpool have remained firm in their stance that he is not leaving and it appears increasingly likely that he will still be at Anfield when his suspension is completed.
Sky Sports reporter Vinny O'Connor said: "Luis Suarez has apologised to (manager) Brandan Rodgers and apologised to his team-mates over his general conduct.
"He has started his re-integration into the Liverpool first team and trained with them on Friday.
"Over a week ago, Brendan Rodgers said he would need an apology from Luis Suarez, as would the fans and his team-mates, after the apparent attempt by the player to force a move away from Anfield. It appears that the apology has come.
"Good news, in many ways, for Liverpool Football Club. It looks like things are beginning to settle down and Suarez is ready to fight for his first-team place."