- The effort of the security operatives in Kaduna state has indeed paid off following the recent charge by President Muhammadu Buhari
- The bandit leader who reportedly led the attack that took place in the ever-busy Abuja-Kaduna road has been killed
- The recent development was achieved following a gun duel between the police and the bandits in the area
Kaduna state- Progress has been made by security operatives regarding the recent attack along the Kaduna-Abuja Road.
Daily Trust reports that the bandit who allegedly led Sunday’s attack along the road has been killed.
Earlier, Legit.ng gathered that many persons were abducted while a former governorship aspirant was killed in a renewed attack that started on Sunday, November 21.
Bandits had operated along Kaduna-Abuja road for four consecutive days.
Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through email@example.com!
Security sources told the newspaper that the leader of the gang that operated on the road was killed in a gun battle with the police.
The leader of the gang
He was identified as Yellow Baba Arusa. A motorcycle and a rifle were said to be recovered from the gang.
Security agents were said to have laid an ambush on five bandits around Kaduna South Local Government Area where the bandits had gone to buy alcohol and pentazocine; an opioid pain treatment.
However, on Friday, November 26, the Kaduna state government lifted the three-month telecommunications shutdown it imposed in October due to recent attacks by bandits along the road.
The state government had on the request of security agencies directed the National Telecommunication Commission (NCC) to shutdown telecom service in selected local government areas of the state.
Insecurity: You must not rest, Buhari gives marching orders to Security Chiefs
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered an immediate security response to the current insecurity across the country, occasioned by bandits and insurgents activities.
The Nigerian leader gave the marching orders on Thursday, November 25, after receiving briefs from all security chiefs, security agencies and intelligence organizations for security nationwide.
In another report, Rauf Aregbesola, the minister of interior made the disclosure at the end of the National Security Council (NSC) meeting presided over by President Buhari at the Presidential Villa.