Fire guts late Audu Abubakar's plaza (photos)
- No life was lost but but properties worth millions of naira was burnt during the inferno
- The incident was as a result power surge in one of the offices on the fourth floor
Part of the late Prince Abubakar Audu’s house called Millennium Plaza in the Central Business District Area (CBD), Abuja, was gutted by fire today, Friday 26.
The fire which started at about 2.00pm was reportedly caused by power surge in one of the offices on the fourth floor. However, no life was lost but but property worth millions of naira got burnt during the inferno.
About two car were burnt while occupant run to save their cars. As at press time, fire fighter are still at the scene of the incident .
READ ALSO: Special Report: Lagos, Abuja police officers fingered in excessive abuse of power, force, extortion
When our reporter got to the scene of the incident, fire fighters were still battling to put off the fire as policemen were also seen at the scene protecting life and properties.
A son of the late Audu Abubakar who could not make any comment on the incident was seen making phone calls to help the situation.