Veteran Nollywood actress Joke Silva is a year older today! Fondly called the “Silva’ lining of the Nigerian film and entertainment industry, Silva was born on September 29, 1961 and today she is celebrating her 54th birthday.
Before anyone will wish her well on her day, the multiple award winning actress wrote on her Instagram page:
" Oh God beyond all praising....Thank you for blessings without number and mercies without end....A new season begins?"
Legit.ng brings to you 10 things you don't know about the veteran actress, Joke Silva:
1. She attended Holy Child College in Lagos.
2. She read English at the University of Lagos.
3. She studied drama at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art, London.
4. The veteran actress kicked off her acting career on stage. However, the movies 'Violated' by Amaka Igwe and Yoruba film ‘Owulorojo’ (1993) brought her into limelight.
5. She has been married to fellow veteran actor Olu Jacobs for 30 years now. The two met in 1981 at the casting of one of Wole Soyinka’s books, Jero’s Metamorphosis, at the National Theatre, Lagos during the 21st Independence anniversary.
READ ALSO: 10 Nigerian Actors Who Are Lecturers
6. Joke married Olu Jacob in 1985 and they are blessed with two children.
7. Silva is a co-founder of Lufodo Academy of Performing Arts (LAPA) alongside her husband, Olu Jacob. LAPA is a performing arts educational institution which delivers teaching and practical based training of international quality and capacity.
8. Silva is a member of the faculty and also principal of the popular reality show, MTN Project Fame academy.
9. Joke Silva is a United Nations goodwill ambassador and she gives seminars to young women in tertiary institutions. She spends more time championing the course of women now than acting.
10. Joke Silva is a talented writer, director, producer and actor. She is renowned for the memorable roles she has played both off and on screen. Her award winning career is rivaled by few and respected by many.