In recent times, people have taken to different places and platforms to meet their lover. The internet is no exception. A lot of people have been able to strike up and maintain a relationship with someone they meet online, and you can too.
Here are simple tips that can help you attract the online date of your choice and leave her with no choice but to want to meet you in the flesh.
1. Be Assertive: When you do end up getting a response from someone promising, be assertive in your communication. Online dating comes with a pretty short attention span. It is not like you guys are facing each other with hours to talk about yourselves. As previously mentioned, she probably gets a lot of attention from different guys everyday so try not to be too boring. When communicating with her, do it with a lot of humour and make sure you encourage her to open up about herself. Do not let there be too much of a lull in your conversations.
2. Share Interests: At this point, it is about getting to know each other; make sure you talk about your interests and also keep note of hers. Talk about places she likes to visit and what she likes to do. Also make sure you point out things you have in common since these will become important subjects for conversations in the future.
3. Act Like A Couple: Although you have not met her yet, you can put the idea of being a couple in her head by acting like one. Call her often, be her friend and talk to her when something interesting happens in your life. Encourage her to also share things with you like how her day went, or what she is up to.
4. Get Romantic: To avoid being labelled as "just an online friend" make sure you chip in a few romantic subjects into your conversation. Let her know you are single, available and willing to pursue something with her. Let her know you consider her as your ideal woman and I bet you will enjoy talking to her.
5. Ask Her Out: Do not let too much time pass between when you start conversing online and when you meet her face-to-face. If she starts to have feelings for you while talking with you online, the feelings could easily go away if you do not find your way into her reality as soon as possible. Fix an opportunity for you both to hang out, but do not, under any circumstances, suggest a first date at your house or she will easily discard you as one of those guys who just prowl the internet for sex, even though that might not be your intention. Choose a neutral location and arm yourself with all the information about her that you have, since these are topics you can build on during your date.
Online dating requires a lot of intelligence. For a man, you are left with the challenge of impressing her and getting her to have feelings for you, even before you both get a chance to meet one-on-one.