Parents of the over 200 Chibok girls kidnapped by the Boko Haram sect are hopefully that their daughters will return back home.
Speaking to Premium Times on Wednesday, Mark Enoch, a father whose two daughters were among those kidnapped expressed his disappointment with the way the FG is handling the issue despite FG's claim of a ceasefire deal with the sect.
Mr. Enoch, a Reverend of Church of the Brethren, however, hopeful that his two daughters, 20-year-old Monica Enoch and 18-year-old Sarah Samuel, 18 will return said:
He said: “We are expecting they will return; I don’t even know anything about it again. They have been saying something will be done either as from Monday or Tuesday and today is Wednesday. We are waiting”.
“We are waiting for the president to hear from him, we the parents we cannot say a word because we don’t know anything,” he said.
Mr. Enoch said that all the Chibok parents have held unto are what they hear on the radio and the promises made to them by President Goodluck Jonathan.
The Publicity Director, Chibok community, Manasseh Allen, told Premium Times that everyone in Chibok community are expecting the return of the girls.
Its been over six months since the over 200 Chibok girls were kidnapped from their school in Chibok, Borno state by the Islamist group, Boko Haram on April 14, 2014.
There has been so much concerns even internationally over the abduction of the girls as they are yet to be released by the sect.
However, there seemed to be a ray of happiness following the Federal Government's announcement on Friday, October 17 that its reached a cease fire deal with Boko Haram to secure the release of the girls.
The Federal Government had on Friday announced that it had reached a ceasefire deal with Boko Haram.
Well it appears the FG's claim has been questioned by many as the Chibok Elder,Mutah Nkeki, the Vice Chairman, Abuja Chibok community has accused the Federal Government of lying about the ceasefire deal.
"To people in Chibok in particular, on the day that the announcement was made, a lot of jubilation went on in our community, because we felt that they were telling the truth, that our daughters will be back and we will once again have peace.
“Only to realise that the government was telling us lies, they claimed that Danbuwal was under government control which made people from there who had been hiding in different places to run back home, believing that they were safe only to be attacked and killed by the same Boko Haram.”