Nigerians React to Attempt Robbery of Buhari’s CoS Residence, Say Nobody Is Safe Again

Nigerians React to Attempt Robbery of Buhari’s CoS Residence, Say Nobody Is Safe Again

- Nigerians have said that insecurity is now getting to Aso Villa

- The comment followed the attempted robbery of the residence of Ibrahim Gambari, the president's CoS

- Garba Shehu, a special assistant to the president on media and publicity, confirmed the incident on Monday, May 10

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Hours after the news of an attempted burglary at the residence of Professor Ibrahim Gambari, chief of staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, was broken, Nigerians have taken to social media to express concerns.

Daily Trust reports that there were different reactions when the news was first reported but many were in doubt until Garba Shehu, presidential spokesman, confirmed it.

Nigerians React to Attempt Robbery of Buhari’s CoS Residence, Say Nobody Is Safe Again
Suspected robbers attempted to burgle Buhari's chief of staff, Ibrahim Gambari's residence. Credit: Presidency.
Source: Facebook

Although Shehu said the attempt was not successful, many expressed shock that such an attempt could be made close to the seat of power.

Legit.ng reports that while commenting on the incident, an award winning investigative journalist, Fisayo Soyombo, described the incident as worrisome, criminals are now fearless and emboldened that they can strike close to the villa.

Read also

Robbers attack Aso Rock, attempt to burgle Buhari's chief of staff's residence

He said:

"It's worrying to read about the robbery incident at the house of Professor Ibrahim Gambari, the Chief of Staff of staff to the President. Criminals are now so fearless and emboldened that they can strike that close to the villa. Quite sobering."

A Twitter user, @DrOlufunmilayo, said the confirmed attack on the house of the Chief of Staff is very worrisome.

"A confirmed attack on the house of the Chief of Staff is very worrisome. They can downplay it all they want but an attempted security breach at the house of the closest man to the president is proof that nobody is safe. If you were not worried before, just think about it all."

Another Twitter user, @pharmjunaidu, alleged that the residency and security agencies have been comprised.

In his comment, @Themeji, said that if robbery can be carried out at the Aso Villa, nobody is now safe in Nigeria.

Read also

Soyinka finally reveals alleged cause of TB Joshua's church collapse in 2014

Also commenting on the incident, Lawan Bukar Maigana @BukarMaigana, emphasised that the incident has justified the fact that there is no security in the country.

He added that if a CoS residence can be attacked by robbers, no Nigerian can move freely without fear of being attacked.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the presidency said there was an attempt to burgle the residence of the chief of staff to President Muhammadu Buhari.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

It was reported that Gambari and an administrative officer at the presidency simply identified as Maikano, were robbed.

Malam Garba Shehu, the senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity, confirmed the incident.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel