- Many terrorists have been killed in Yobe state
- The terrorists were killed after they attacked Geidom, the hometown of Acting IGP
- Also, several weapons were also recovered from them by the Army
Men of Nigeria's military have eliminated about 21 Boko Haram terrorists in Geidem.
The terrorists had attacked the Geidem which is also the hometown of the acting inspector general of police.
According to Channels TV, The terrorists destroyed three communications masts and looted some shops in the town.
The situation was salvaged when troops, supported by the Air Component of Operation Lafia Dole, fought back.
This was disclosed by director of Army Public Relations, Brigadier-General Mohammed Yerima, said in a signed statement.
Going further, the statement revealed that several weapons were recovered the criminals.
The recovered items are:
1. Gun truck with an anti aircraft gun
2. Eight AK 47 rifles with ten magazines
3. two Rocket Propelled Grenade Bombs and five chargers.
4. over a thousand rounds of different calibres of ammunition
5. One Commando Mortar Tube
6. 3 IED blasting devices
7. toolboxes, communication radios and cell phones among others
In another report, Nigeria's immediate past chief of defence staff, Abayomi Olonisakin (rtd), said that he predicted the invasion of forest by bandits years ago.
The former CDS made the statement during a special thanksgiving service held in his honour at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (Sunrise Parish), Ode-Ekiti, Gbonyin LGA of Ekiti state.
According to Olonisakin, he conducted a survey while in office which revealed that bandits would invade forests across the country to wreak havoc.
The attack occurred on Wednesday, April 21, around 4 am, citing a police officer who preferred not to be named as its source.
The news media added that the gunmen who came in groups attacked a military camp located near a junior secondary school in the area.
Source: Legit Newspaper