Jangebe: Atiku sends crucial message to Buhari, says abduction of schoolchildren must be stopped

Jangebe: Atiku sends crucial message to Buhari, says abduction of schoolchildren must be stopped

- Former vice president Atiku Abubakar has hailed the release of Jangebe school girls

- The abducted children were rescued from their captors on Tuesday, March 2

- Atiku said he has the belief that the remaining kidnapped children would be released soon

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Atiku Abubakar, a former vice president, has told President Muhammadu Buhari to ensure that the abduction of school children should not happen again.

Legit.ng reports that Atiku was reacting to the release of 279 schoolgirls of Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, Zamfara state on Tuesday, March 2.

The chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said as a father, he was delighted at the release of the students and rejoiced with their families.

Jangebe: Atiku sends crucial message to Buhari, says abduction of schoolchildren must be stopped
Former vice president Atiku Abubakar asks President Buhari to beef up security in the country. Credit: Atiku Abubakar
Source: Facebook

Atiku in a tweet said he prayed that the remaining girls would be released soon.

Read also

Zamfara govt imposes curfew in Jangebe after kidnapped schoolgirls return sparked riots

Atiku said he was convinced that the government would secure the release of the rest of the victims, but said the bigger task was for Buhari’s government to ensure that such a thing should not occur again.

Atiku also noted:

“I am convinced that the government will secure the release of the rest of the victims. The bigger task is to ensure that these kinds of incidents do not happen again, and that is an objective that the federal government should take the lead.”

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Zamfara state governor, Bello Matawalle, said Nigerians would be surprised if they were told about those responsible for the abduction of over 300 schoolgirls from the Government Girls’ Secondary School, Jangebe.

It was reported that Matawalle made the statement on Sunday, February 28, when 17 Emirs in the state paid him a sympathy visit over the abduction of the students.

Read also

Zamfara school security guard aided bandits in abducting students, says Gov Matawalle

The governor said the sponsors of the recent school abduction in the state were trying to sabotage the progress he has recorded from peace initiatives in the state.

In another report, the Zamfara government announced the release of over 300 schoolgirls kidnapped from Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe in Talatu-Mafara local government area of the state.

There was speculation about their release at the weekend, but the Zamfara state government dismissed the rumour as fake news.

......

Wale Akinola is a passionate journalist and researcher. He works as a senior political/current affairs editor at Legit.ng. He holds both B.A and Master’s degree in Communications and Language Arts from the University of Ibadan. He also holds a Diploma Certificate in Peace Journalism. He has over 15 years of work experience in both print and online media. He derives joy in keeping the public abreast of current happenings locally and internationally through his writings.

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel