Jangebe: Freed abducted schoolgirl reveals how kidnappers threatened to kill, eat them

Jangebe: Freed abducted schoolgirl reveals how kidnappers threatened to kill, eat them

- The abducted schoolgirls of the Jangebe area of Zamfara state have been released

- Hafsat Anka, one of the freed abducted girls said the kidnappers threatened to kill their victims

- Anka noted that the captors wore military uniforms when they stormed their school

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

One of the freed abducted schoolgirls of Zamfara Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, Hafsat Anka, said the captives threatened to kill, fry and eat them if they misbehaved, according to a report by PM News.

Hafsat stated that they trekked over a long distance from the school and had a stopover for some hours before they reached their destination.

She said:

“There was no clean water or good food, and we felt we had already spent years even though it was our first day and the bandits kept firing into the air to scare us."

Read also

War against insecurity receives major boost as northern governor secures release of 10 kidnapped victims

Jengebe: Freed abducted schoolgirl reveals how kidnappers threatened to kill, eat them
Hafsat Anka, one of the freed abducted schoolgirls revealed how kidnappers threatened to kill them. Credit: @Bellomatawalle1
Source: Twitter

She said the bandits wore military uniforms and claimed they defeated the security officials by invading the school and successfully whisking the girls away.

Hafsat, who said she was happy for being rescued, pointed out that she would continue her studies but as a day student.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that hours after the release of the kidnapped 317 Jangebe students, Governor Bello Matawalle revealed how the girls were freed from their captors.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

It was reported that the governor said on Tuesday, March 2, that while the state was in negotiation with kidnappers of the schoolgirls, the armed men were offered money by unnamed persons not to release the children.

Matawalle made the disclosure when he was addressing the freed Jangebe schoolgirls on Gusau, the state capital.

Read also

Jangebe: Violence, chaos erupt as students reunite with families in Zamfara, photos emerge

The governor said he would soon reveal the mystery behind the abduction of the girls, adding that those instigating criminals should be careful.

He said he talked to the relevant security agencies including the police, DSS and the army to discreetly investigate the matter.

....

Wale Akinola is a passionate journalist and researcher. He works as a senior political/current affairs editor at Legit.ng. He holds both B.A and Master’s degree in Communications and Language Arts from the University of Ibadan. He also holds a Diploma Certificate in Peace Journalism. He has over 15 years of work experience in both print and online media. He derives joy in keeping the public abreast of current happenings locally and internationally through his writings.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel