7 dead in fresh attack as armed bandits invade northern communities

7 dead in fresh attack as armed bandits invade northern communities

- About 7 people have once again lost their lives over the insecurity situation in the country

- The Kaduna state government confirmed the unfortunate incident in a statement

- Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state also sympathised with the victims of the carnage

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

A report by Daily Nigerian indicates that no fewer than 7 people have been killed in a fresh attack by bandits in local communities of Kaduna state.

Kaduna state commissioner for internal security and home affairs, Samuel Aruwan, in a statement on Sunday, February 28, confirmed the killing in Kajuru and Igabi local government areas.

Two of the deceased Ibrahim Rabi’u and Abdulrahman Mohammad were residents of Kajinjiri, while 2 locals Alhaji Ibrahim Iro and Muhammadu Rabiu lived in Rago village.

7 dead as armed bandits invade Kaduna state communities
Armed bandits killed seven people as they invaded Kaduna state communities. Photo credit: @elrufai
Source: Twitter

Three others identified as Michael Shadari, Clement Aura Bili and Danlami Shaban were from Kutura station.

Read also

Breaking: 7 abducted as armed bandits storm another school in Niger

Meanwhile, one local Kamal Murtala, sustained gunshot injuries and is receiving treatment at a facility.

Governor Nasir El-Rufai condoled the families of those killed in both attacks while offering prayers for the repose of their souls.

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that three local government areas in Kaduna state, Giwa, Chikun and Igabi, were attacked by deadly bandits.

No fewer than 18 people were killed by the bandits in the affected local government areas.

The Kaduna state, commissioner for internal security and home affairs confirmed the incident on Wednesday, February 24.

In a related development, Governor El-Rufai said the Kaduna state government under his watch will never negotiate with killers and kidnappers who ought to be arrested and prosecuted.

The Kaduna governor told journalists that the federal government should assist states with air and ground forces to neutralise the criminals.

He added that so far, he has maintained strong communication with the Niger state government as he is presently working with the governor in the area of intelligence gathering.

Read also

FG set to begin trial of 5,000 suspected Boko Haram insurgents

----

Oluwatobi Bolashodun is a Legit.ng journalist with six years of working experience in the media industry. She graduated from Babcock University in 2012 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication. Oluwatobi is a Current Affairs Editor, mostly writing on political, educational, and business topics. She uses her team spirit to encourage others to work hard.

Source: Legit Newspaper

Tags:
Online view pixel