- Melania Trump was recently relieved of her role as FLOTUS
- During her time as the first lady, the former model rose to the occasion in terms of dressing the part
- Legit.ng has compiled some stylish photos of Melania that got many people talking
Americans witnessed a new dawn on Wednesday, January 20th, as ex-president Donald Trump left office after his four-year term and Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th president of the United States of America.
However, the ex-US president was not the only one who bid goodbye to the white house. Former first lady, Melania Trump, also stepped out of a place that has been home for her in the past four years.
The couple were absent at the inauguration ceremony of Biden and Harris and as such, they didn’t quite make the news in regards to the fashion and style of the special day.
Interestingly, former first lady, Michelle Obama, managed to steal the show in a stylish burgundy piece that left members of the online community in complete awe.
Even though Michelle may have stolen the show, this is not to say ex-first lady Melania did not rise to the occasion after she assumed office as FLOTUS.
From the get-go, it became evident that Melania had carefully curated her political style to suit the role she’d be undergoing for the next four years.
Melania was known to go for top designer brands, sharp silhouettes and eye-catching accessories, but during her time as the first lady, she opted for modest pieces and a lot of statement coats.
Legit.ng has compiled some iconic looks of the ex-first lady below:
1. Melania rocks a Gucci Gardenia wool coat
2. Ex-first lady Melania spotted in a white Michael Kors belted blazer.
3. Melania spotted with hubby Donald Trump. The former first lady rocks a floral dress by Erdem.
4. For her first speech as first lady, Melania wore a Delpozo pre-fall coat.
5. For the first official visit to Britain, Melania donned off-shoulder Grecian-goddess style gown designed by J. Mendel.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Legit.ng instantly
6. The former first lady rocks a red trenchcoat during a massive rally in Valdosta, GA,
7. Melania spotted in a semi-sheer tea-length cocktail dress by Lebanese fashion designer, Elie Saab.
8. For her last day as the first lady, Melania rocked Chanel.
She completed the sombre look with a pair of leather gloves, Bottega Veneta sunglasses, a crocodile Birkin bag, and patent Louboutin stilettos.
Why we do not like fashion – Nigerians speak | Legit TV