It is a lie! I didn't dole out vehicles to bandits, Matawalle fires back at critics

It is a lie! I didn't dole out vehicles to bandits, Matawalle fires back at critics

- Governor Matawalle is not pleased with the allegation levelled against him by a local government chairman in the state

- The council boss had accused the governor of supplying bandits with vehicles

- Matawalle, in his reaction, said the vehicles were given to security agencies to fight banditry in the state

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

The governor of Zamfara, Bello Matawalle, has dismissed the allegation that he supplied vehicles to bandits in the state.

Punch reports that a former chairman of Maradun local government area of the state, Alhaji Abubakar Maradun, had made the allegation against the governor.

The chairman claimed Matawalle supplied Hilux vehicles to bandits which they used to attack innocent residents.

Legit.ng gathered that he said the bandits used two of the vehicles in an attack on the Janbako community which led to the death of ten people.

Read also

Bandits allegedly use Hilux vans given to them by governor to kidnap people in Zamfara

It is a lie! I didn't dole out vehicles to bandits, Matawalle fires back at critics
Governor Bello Matawalle described the allegation against him as unfounded. Credit: @Bellomatawalle1
Source: Twitter

He had said:

“They went to that village in two of the Hilux vehicles given to them by the Zamfara state Government. One of the vehicles broke down and was abandoned by the bandits."

In a swift reply, the special adviser to the governor on media and publicity, Alhaji Zailani Baffa, described the allegation as wicked.

Giving his own side of the story, he said the vehicles were distributed by Matawalle to all the security agencies in the state.

According to Baffa, the distribution took place under the watchful eyes of the Inspector-General of the Nigeria police.

Among those who benefitted were the NDLEA, NSCDC, FRSC, police, military and others.

The governor while reacting to the allegation via his official Twitter handle on Tuesday, January 19, said the vehicles were distributed to improve the operational capacity of security forces.

He described the allegation as “a display of quackery and sheer mischief targeted at disabusing the minds of law-abiding and patriotic citizens of the state.”

Read also

Senate won’t fight Buhari to please anybody, Lawan declares

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that massive reactions trailed a list alleged by Shehu Sani to contain nine states in Nigeria that have recorded the highest cases of kidnappings.

It was reported that the ex-senator, however, did not disclose the records he relied on when compiling the list.

The list generated huge reactions from users on Twitter as some claimed the list was incomplete, while others disagreed outrightly with the activist for including some states.

We can't travel to the north because of kidnappers - Northern onion seller | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel