Buratai presents flat to 85-year-old retired soldier evicted by Kaduna govt

Buratai presents flat to 85-year-old retired soldier evicted by Kaduna govt

- A retired soldier, Paul Ojo, who was evicted from his home by the Kaduna government, has gotten a new home

- Nigeria's Army chief Buratai presented a 3-bedroom flat building to the retired military man

- Ojo thanked the Army chief, saying the ejection has turned into glory

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Evicted from his home by the Kaduna state government, Paul Ojo, an 85-year-old retired soldier has been blessed with a 3-bedroom flat building.

The Nation reports that the building was presented to Ojo who is a retired Warrant Officer by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen Tukur Buratai.

Legit.ng gathers that the Buratai he was moved by the unfortunate circumstances that led to Ojo’s eviction.

Buratai presents flat to 85-year-old retired soldier evicted by Kaduna govt

Buratai presents flat to 85-year-old retired soldier evicted by Kaduna govt. Photo source: The Guardian
Source: Twitter

“I was emotionally touched by your plight and consequently directed that an alternative permanent accommodation be secured for you and your family.

Another Nigerian man succeeds, makes int'l list of successful people under age 30 in art and style (photos)

“Pursuant to this, we were able to secure a more befitting house.

“It is thus my pleasure to formally present this 3-bedroom house to you as a mark of goodwill and uncommon gesture," Buratai said through the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1 Division Nigerian Army Kaduna, Maj.-Gen Usman Muhammad, who represented him.

The retired soldier thanked the Army chief for coming to his aid, saying it was a demonstration that his services to the army and Nigeria were not in vain.

“Without notice or anything, I was ejected and I thank God the ejection has turned into glory, thank you very much the Chief of Army Staff for what you have done to me," he said.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that some frontline Nigerian soldiers have said that they are motivated to fight terrorism and all forms of violent crimes in the country.

A frontline senior officer who debunked claims that some soldiers recently resigned due to low morale said: “Our troops are happy and willing to fight. I have soldiers here with me…we fight day and night.”

Nigerian striker scores 2 goals to help top European club stretch their unbeaten run to 9 games

The Nigerian Army had on Sunday, July 12, had given clarification as to how 356 soldiers most of whom are from the northeast left service.

The soldiers had reportedly attained the 35-year statutory age for retirement in the army, contrary to the trending reports that the soldiers tendered their letters of resignation to Chief of Army Staff over loss of interest and low morale.

In other news, the North Central Egalitarian Congress (NCEC) has commended the chief of army staff and the Nigerian army's 4 special forces command for successful attacks against Darul Salam/Boko Haram terrorists in Kogi and Nasarawa states.

NCEC in a press statement on Wednesday, September 2, by its president, Etubi Enebi said the dislodgement of the terrorists in the two states would bring an end to cattle rustling, banditry, kidnappings and other forms of criminalities in the area.

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| Legit TV

Kogi guber: Huge number of APC aspirants is due to my efforts, says Gov Bello

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel