Reps begin probe of alleged illegal sack of NSITF, MBET, TCN mgt

Reps begin probe of alleged illegal sack of NSITF, MBET, TCN mgt

- House of Representatives has started the investigation into the alleged sack of management of some agencies

- The affected agencies are Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund, Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading and Transmission Company of Nigeria

- The hearing would enable all affected parties to speak on the document already presented to the committee, including the ministers

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The House of Representatives has begun investigations into the alleged illegal removal of managements of three federal agencies by the minister of labour, Chris Ngige, and the minister of power, Sale Mamman.

Daily Nigerian reports that the affected agencies are Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading (NBET) and Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN).

Legit.ng gathered the investigation which began on Monday, July 20, in Abuja, was organised by an ad hoc committee of the House chaired by representatives, Miriam Onuoha.

Coronavirus: Traders reveal hike in cost of food items as Easter beckons
Reps begin probe of alleged illegal sack of NSITF, MBET, TCN mgt

Members of the House of Representatives. Credit: Twitter/House of Representatives.
Source: Facebook

Onuoha recalled that the House had on July 17, deliberated a motion of urgent public importance and resolved to investigate the alleged procedural breach by the ministers.

She said that the House resolved to investigate the alleged breach of procurement procedures and financial malpractice and malfeasance in the agencies and report back in one week.

“Our committee began work immediately and reached out to all concerned in the matter with a call for memoranda. About 95% of all actors involved have made their written submissions; I must commend your prompt response to our letters.

“Without preempting the outcome of this investigative hearing, the committee wishes to extend to all the parties the benefit of the principle of fair hearing. I wish to remind us that this committee is not out to witch-hunt anybody, but play our legislative duties; please note that we will be just and fair to all concerned in this matter,” she said.

N10 billion fraud allegation: IGP orders probe of Udom’s appointee

The hearing continues on July 21, to enable all affected parties to speak on the document already presented to the committee, including the ministers.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that a group, Civil Society Groups for Good Governance (CSGGG) condemned the recent controversy in the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund.

It was reported that the group accused the minister of labour and employment, Chris Ngige of circumventing President Muhammadu Buhari.

The report said that on Thursday, July 2, media reports suggested President Buhari had approved the indefinite suspension of the managing director/chief executive of the NSITF, Adebayo Somefun.

Nigerians in Benin City reveal how to end corruption | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel