- Cristiano Ronaldo remains the number one player with the highest number of social media followers
- The Portuguese is still the most followed individual on Instagram
- Neymar is second - ahead of Lionel Messi, while Mesut Ozil is the only Premler League player in top 10
Cristiano Ronaldo has dusted other football rivals to become the player with the highest number of followers on social media as he nearly doubles Neymar in second place.
Barcelona’s Lionel Messi is the third in the list of top ten most followed players on social media; and now there are new surprising additions in the latest list.
Ronaldo remains most followed person on Instagram as several players now have massive number of followers across different social media sites.
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
A top 10 of footballers followed across social media platforms have been collated and ranked from ten to number one according to top outlet, Sport Bible.
10. Luis Suarez - 71,900,000 followers - Barcelona
9. Zlatan Ibrahimovc - 75,600,000 followers - AC Milan
8. Marcelo - 76,200,000 followers - Real Madrid
7. Mesut Ozil - 77,800,000 followers - Arsenal
6. Sergio Ramos - 79,200,000 followers - Real Madrid
5. Gareth Bale - 88,500,000 followers - Real Madrid
4. James Rodriguez - 95,300,000 followers - Real Madrid
3. Lionel Messi - 245,300,000 followers - Barcelona
2. Neymar - 254,600,000 followers - Paris Saint Germain
1. Cristiano Ronaldo - 432,100,000 followers - Juventus
The surprising list has Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil as the only English Premier League player on it; despite having the lowest number of Instagram followers among the top ten, his Facebook followers pushed him up to seventh in the list.
Controversial Real Madrid players, James Rodriguez and Gareth Bale make the top five albeit barely featuring in Real Madrid's squad this season with both rumoured heavily to leave Spain.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Paris Saint Germain star Kylian Mbappe who is on £325,000-per-week deal at the French club is top of the list of ten highest paid under-21 players in Europe, according to a compilation by Sports Bible.
Ahead of the transfer window billed to open in about two months, many of the youngsters will be linked with several big clubs, mostly in Europe.
In the latest compilation, Englishmen Jadon Sancho and Callum Hudson-Odoi are also rated among the top ten highest paid youth.
What I plan to do to Oliseh - Vincent Enyeama | Legit TV