No day has been fixed for re-opening of event centres in Lagos - Sanwo-Olu declares

No day has been fixed for re-opening of event centres in Lagos - Sanwo-Olu declares

- Lagos state government has made clarifications on the re-opening of event centres

- The government insisted on register-to-open ahead of further directives from Sanwo-Olu

- This was made known by the commissioner for tourism, arts and culture, Uzamat AkinbiIe-Yusuf

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Lagos state government has made clarifications on the report that event centres in the state have been re-opened, adding that owners of various social centres across the state must register their facilities pending when the governor would give further directives regarding their operations.

Nigerian Tribune reports that the commissioner for tourism, arts and culture, Uzamat AkinbiIe-Yusuf, who made the clarification following reports in the media that owners of the event centre could now open for operations, maintained that all event centres and cinemas are to remain shut for now.

Kano begins house-to-house sample collection for Covid-19 test, relaxes lockdown on these days

Legit.ng gathered that she explained that the state government is yet to make any disclosure on the date for the reopening of the centres, adding that such disclosure would be made by the governor provided that the event centres have met all laid down procedures ahead of their reopening including registering under the Register-To-Open initiative of the state government.

Lagos clarifies position on re-opening of event centres, says no date has been fixed

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos state.
Source: Twitter

The commissioner noted that the initiative was meant to certify the safety preparedness of various business outfits including event centres before they are allowed to re-open for business activities.

Akinbile-Yusuf further explained that at-most one-fifth of the capacity of each event centres which should not be more than 500 persons regardless of the size of the centre would be allowed when they are finally allowed to open for businesses.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River said all the public schools in the state will resume on Tuesday, June 16.

Ogun state makes fresh bend in education policy, to make results of secondary school students public

It was reported that this was disclosed in a statement made available to newsmen in Calabar by his special adviser on media and publicity, Christian Ita.

In another report, Sidikat Ijaiya, a professor of educational management, urged the federal government to ensure that proper assessment of all schools was done before reopening the institutions.

She said this should be completed ahead resumption of students to schools. According to her, this will go a long way in preventing the schools from becoming epicentres of the COVID-19 pandemic.

COVID-19: Parents speak on allowing their children return to school | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit Newspaper

Online view pixel