- Saudi mosques have finally been opened for worshippers after more than two months
- Recall that congregational prayers were suspended due to the deadly coronavirus
- According to the report, nearly 100,000 worshippers attended the Friday prayers in the Prophet Mosque in Medina
Friday prayers in mosques across Saudi Arabia are back after more than two months following the suspension of congregational prayers over COVID-19.
Nearly 100,000 worshippers attended the Friday prayers in the Prophet Mosque in Medina, according to World Gulf, a state body in charge of the holy site’s affairs, on its official Twitter account.
Legit.ng gathers there were strict health measures during worship. Each worshipper had his own rug and observed designated distancing to prevent the spread of the virus.
The ministry of Islamic affairs has put in place a set of precautions for performing group prayers in mosques.
The precautions include opening mosques 15 minutes before the Adhan and close them 10 minutes after the end of the prayer with the interval between the Adhan and the start of the prayer shortened to 10 minutes.
Worshippers are kept apart with a distance of two metres and children under 15 years are barred from going to mosques.
In other news, Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Citadel Global Community Church formerly known as Latter Rain Assembly has said the church will soon be empty if it fails in its duty.
According to the man of God, cockroaches and spiders will take over the church if it fails to nourish the body of Christ. The cleric made the statement in a conversation with Chude Jideonwo, founder of Joy, Inc.
Pastor Bakare said: “The church, which is you and I and the millions of Christians in this country, has one duty; to nourish the body of Christ, honor and serve it. That is you and I.
“If the church does not do its duty, it will soon be empty and cockroaches and spiders will take over."
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a Nigerian man living in Minneapolis, Minnesota, said he had a share of injustice in the United States where he said he was charged for a crime he did not commit.
The man identified as Mac Eze said he was arrested and handcuffed by police, charged to court but he was able to prove his case.
He said despite what he faced in the United States, he prefers the North American country to Nigeria.