Ruth Matete's Nigerian husband dies after tragic gas accident

Ruth Matete's Nigerian husband dies after tragic gas accident

- Tusker Project Fame winner Ruth Matete's husband died due to severe burns following a gas accident in their home

- Pastor John Apewajoye was working on fixing their gas cylinder at home, which ended up exploding after the released gas got absorbed by clothes hanging on the lines

- The pastor was taken to the hospital and stayed in the ICU for a few days before succumbing to the burns

Kenyan singer Ruth Matete has lost her Nigerian husband identified as Pastor John Apewajoye just a few months after the two got married in a lovely wedding.

The news about his death was confirmed on Sunday, April 12, by the singer on her Facebook page. She asked for prayers during the difficult time.

According to reports reaching the husband was working on fixing their gas cylinder which was not working at first.

PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app

Read also

How do I punish a one-year-old? - OAP Toolz asks after son breaks TV during self-isolation

He took it outside and tried to release some of the excess gas and returned it back to the house. As he tried to light the cylinder, it suddenly led to a big explosion.

PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact instantly

Apparently, when he released some of the excess gas, most of it was absorbed by clothes hanging on the lines which caught fire and accidentally got to him.

Ruth and her neighbours were able to put out the fire and rushed John to the hospital where he was admitted to the ICU.

It is said that Ruth had asked for friends to help out in fundraising for her husband's hospital bills which were rising by the day.

The singer had been told that John was out of danger and would heal slowly but things turned for the worst when he died just a few days after getting out of ICU.

Read also

Actress Bukola Arugba narrates how she landed in the hospital amidst preparation for 'owambe', thanks God for life

It is rumoured that the late John had gotten 45 percent burns and was fighting for his life when he suddenly passed. The two were expecting their first baby together.

Meanwhile, had earlier reported that popular Nigerian actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde mourned the death of her cousin simply identified as, Jalad. The actress revealed that her cousin died in London, United Kingdom after a medical transplant complication.

The actress talked about her loss on the popular micro-blogging platform, Twitter. She explained that her cousin did not die due to coronavirus. According to her, he died after a complication from a kidney transplant. She said he could not get proper healthcare because the hospitals were focused on coronavirus and the help he needed was not fast enough. ( -> We have upgraded to serve you better

Why I mostly act Yoruba movies – Actress Sotayo Sobola - on Legit TV

Read also

Ramsey Nouah calls out electronics brand after TV he purchased for close to N500k got damaged and they refused to fix it


Online view pixel