30 inspiring Anne Frank quotes from The Diary of a Young Girl
Ann Frank was a great woman who survived the threat that would have destroyed her with others. If you look at Anne Frank quotes, you will realize that she was one of the most hopeful people during the holocaust. Her diary documented all of her experiences, that were later transferred into a book.
So what were Anne Frank's last words? Her last words were, ''The latter, for which I'm not known, is my own secret. As I've told you many times, I'm split in two. One side contains my exuberant cheerfulness, my flippancy, my joy in life and, above all, my ability to appreciate the lighter side of things.'' From the statement above, you can see that she was a wise woman. However, these are not the only words she said when she was alive. Some of Anne Frank famous quotes are as stated below.
The Diary of Anne Frank quotes
Anne was a powerful inspiration and still is even today. She is known for a lot of inspiring words, some of which have put her on the map even today. So what did Anne Frank say? She is known for the famous line, 'I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.' She was one woman that believed in the good of humanity, no matter how bad things were. This was a surprise considering the suffering and pain she went through in the hands of other human beings.
Apart from her popular saying, she is also known for a number of other quotes. Some of the most common are from the book written about her. These Diary of Anne Frank quotes will inspire you every day. They include:
- It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them because, in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.
Even with numerous proof of how bad people can be, Anne did not lose hope in humanity. She chose to hang on the goodness of men, no matter how slim it seemed.
- I've found that there is always some beauty left -- in nature, sunshine, freedom, in yourself; these can all help you.
If only you can consider your inner being, you can let out the light that radiates deep within you.
- People can tell you to keep your mouth shut, but that doesn't stop you from having your own opinion.
Even when you are silenced from talking and letting people hear what you are thinking, you can still form your own opinions.
- As long as this exists, this sunshine and this cloudless sky, and as long as I can enjoy it, how can I be sad?
You should not lose hope as long as the sun shines bright and shares its warmth equally with all.
Anne Frank quotes about the holocaust
Apart from your popular Diary of Anne Frank quote, there are other sayings associated with Anne. She is well-known for her stories during the holocaust period. She went through a difficult time and still came out strong. Her diary documents different accounts of what happened to her, and to others around her. There was minimal freedom, and many people could not enjoy life as usual. Deaths were common, and betrayals were the order of the day.
- If we bear all this suffering and if there are still Jews left, when it is over, then Jews, instead of being doomed, will be held up as an example.
Any person that bears great suffering will be rewarded immensely.
- I feel wicked sleeping in a warm bed, while my dearest friends are dropping from exhaustion or being knocked to the ground.
It is disturbing to enjoy positive gains and affluence when other people are
- I long to feel young and know that I'm free, and yet I can't let it show.
It is possible to suppress your feelings when you are unable to express them openly.
- Who has inflicted this upon us? Who has made us Jews different from all other people? Who has allowed us to suffer so terribly uptill now? It is God that has made us as we are, but it will be God, too, who will raise us up again.
The world is too judgmental and full of racism. Fortunately, the oppressed more often than not always come out victoriously and stronger than ever before.
- While others display their heroism in battle or against the Germans, our helpers prove theirs every day by their good spirits and affection.
Even when you are overwhelmed by the enemy, you can be your own warrior by maintaining a good and happy spirit always.
Anne Frank quotes about hope
How is Anne Frank inspiring? From her diary, it is revealed that she stood out during extra-ordinary times. She defied all reasonable orders to do the right thing even when she was putting her life at risk. Anne's story is full of hope. Anyone that reads her victory, after going through the most tormenting period of her life will uplift the spirit of any individual. Below are a few hopeful sayings that will encourage you.
- No one has ever become poor by giving.
Sharing with other people dos not make you poor.
- But feelings can't be ignored, no matter how unjust or ungrateful they seem.
Don't ignore anyone's feelings even if they seem stupid to you.
- I want to be useful or bring enjoyment to all people, even those I've never met. I want to go on living even after my death.
Anne had the desire to leave an impact, and make people rejoice in her actions. Her desire to leave a legacy long after her death makes her stand out.
- Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.
While most parents will strive to guide their kids, the ultimate decision on what they choose to do with their lives is entirely dependent on them and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
- I hope I will be able to confide everything to you and I hope you will be a great source of comfort and support.
Everyone needs someone to comfort them in times of hardship.
- Human greatness is never found in wealth or power, but rather in character and goodness. Accept that people are just people, and that everyone has their faults and shortcomings with an element of a basic goodness.
The greatest people are defined by how they behave and treat others. Being good is better than being great, powerful and wealthy.
- Where there's hope, there's life. It fills us with fresh courage and makes us strong again.
Hope restores every broken hope and gives people courage and strength.
- Memories mean more to me than dresses.
You should be focused on accumulating lasting memories as opposed to fancy clothes and material stuff.
- Anyone with courage and faith shall never perish in misery.
Courage is a great weapon for anyone who wants to survive the pressure of misery.
Anne Frank quotes about war
Anne lived during a difficult period where war was a common occurrence. She still managed to come out of it strong. For this reason, she had a few things to say about war as stated below.
- In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit.
You can easily win a war by simply choosing faith and gentleness. Your enemy will not see it coming. Responding peacefully to an agitated enemy deflates their anger and makes them less powerful.
- The weak die out and the strong will survive, and will live on forever.
Strength uplifts and ensures survival, while weakness leads to death.
- I don't believe the war is simply the work of politicians and capitalists. Oh no, the common man is every bit as guilty; otherwise, people and nations would have re-belled long ago! There's a destructive urge in people, the urge to rage, murder and kill.
Every person has a responsibility when it comes to war. Politicians are not the only people to blame because even with their plans, people can choose to revolt and rebel yet they do not hence enable war.
- I could spend hours telling you about the suffering the war has brought, but I’d only make myself more miserable. All we can do is wait, as calmly as possible, for it to end. Jews and Christians alike are waiting, the whole world is waiting, and many are waiting for death.
When in the middle of war and suffering, the best a person can do is to wait for it to end.
Anne was a beautiful woman who stood for courage and hope. She used what was within her reach to encourage herself and others, years after her death. The fact that she documented her experience will always serve as a reminder to the world of how terrible war and discrimination can be. The oppressed can also learn from her story of hope and courage. No matter how bad things are, keeping hope alive helps people overcome all challenges.
Some of the most inspiring Anne Frank quotes give us an insight into one of the ugliest events in human history, the holocaust. The bold Anne was among the few young girls that were alive during the horrifying time. She recorded every feeling she had in her diary, which served as evidence and a reminder of how cruel human beings can be. Fortunately, the hard times still came with hope.