- Abubakar Malami has written to all heads of court following President Buhari's lockdown order
- Malami stated that courts during the lockdown are expected to attend to the cases that are urgent, essential or time-bound
- The minister of justice urged all the heads of courts to ensure that “time-bound cases are treated with speedy dispensation
Following President Buhari's lockdown order, the minister of justice and Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) Abubakar Malami, has said that courts during this period are expected to attend to cases that are urgent, essential or time-bound.
According to the Nigerian Tribune, Malami revealed this in a statement issued by Dr. Umar Jibrilu Gwandu, his special assistant on media and public relations on Wednesday, April 1.
The minister in the statement further said that a cardinal principle of the present administration is the speedy dispensation of justice.
Malami's in a letter dated Wednesday, April 1, urged that these cases be given the required attention.
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that the presidency has tackled Nigeria's literary giant and Nobel Laureate Prof Wole Soyinka over his comments on President Muhammadu Buhari’s lockdown order of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Lagos and Ogun states.
The presidency urged Nigerians to ignore Soyinka's comment on the presidential lockdown directive.
Soyinka had on Tuesday, March 31, faulted Buhari's lockdown order and the government's approach to tackling the novel coronavirus pandemic. He took on the president for locking down the two states and the FCT when Nigeria is not in a war situation.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
In a related development, Abba Kyari, the chief of staff to the president on Sunday, March 29, confirmed that he had tested positive for coronavirus.
Kyari in a statement published through the twitter handle of the presidency, @NGRPresident, said he was proceeding to Lagos on Sunday for further tests based on medical advice.
The chief of staff noted that he was feeling well and pointed out that he was yet to experience any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Similarly, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed 12 new cases of coronavirus infection, taking the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 151.
The NCDC in a tweet on Wednesday, April 1, stated that nine of the cases were detected in Osun state, two in Edo and one in Ekiti state.
The agency said out of the 151 cases recorded so far, nine people who have been treated for the infection and have been discharged while two have died of the virus.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Street gist: Boys dey vex, make Buhari share money for us | Legit TV