- Sir Kesington Adebutu has joined other Nigerians donating for the fight against coronavirus
- The businessman and philanthropist has donated the sum of N300 million to the Lagos state government
- Kensington described the donation as his own way of helping the state in bringing succour to those who are down with the disease
Nigerian entrepreneur and philanthropist Sir Kesington Adebutu has donated the sum of N300 million to the Lagos state government for the fight against coronavirus in the state.
The businessman described the donation as his own way of helping the state in bringing succour to those who are down with the disease, Nigerian Tribune reports.
Legit.ng gathers that Kesington commended the efforts of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu in bringing succour to coronavirus patients in the state.
A letter written to the state government read: “On behalf of myself, my entire family and organisation, we commend the dynamic efforts of Your Excellency in bringing succour to the sufferers of COVID-19 in the state.
“As a token of our support to the victims, myself, family and organisation are donating a modest sum of N300,000,000.00 (Three Hundred Million Naira Only) towards which we have forwarded the necessary instruction and our Banker–Wema Bank Plc has transferred the sum into the dedicated UBA Account number 1022751273 of LASG COVID-19.
“Copies of our cheque and receipt of the payment are attached for easy reference.”
In other news, billionaire businesswoman Folorunsho Alakija has pledged N1 billion for Nigeria's fight against coronavirus as cases of the deadly disease continue to rise.
Alakija made the donation through her oil company and commended the efforts made by the federal and state governments, private sectors and individuals towards the fight against coronavirus in Nigeria.
Since coronavirus pandemic hit Nigeria, there have been a lot of donations from Nigerian entrepreneurs to support the country in its fight against the pandemic.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a 28-year-old Nigerian lady identified as Tobi Rachel said she survived coronavirus after being quarantined for nearly two weeks.
Tobi took to her official Twitter page to share the news, saying she went out for the first time in nearly two weeks on Saturday, March 28.
She said she was informed that she was in contact with someone who had been in contact with someone with coronavirus.
Tobi said: "Nothing serious I told myself, but I decided to social distance anyway. Later I found out I’d been in direct contact with a confirmed case 5 days before."
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
Coronavirus: The govt cannot force us to stay at home | Legit TV