COVID-19: Presidency disinfects President Buhari’s office and State House

COVID-19: Presidency disinfects President Buhari’s office and State House

- The Nigerian presidency is making a move to curb the spread of the rampaging coronavirus

- Fumigation experts arrived at the Aso Villa to disinfect the State House and the president's office

- The experts are expected to intensively fumigate the entire villa after a partial lockdown

In a move to stop the spread of the deadly coronavirus that has forced many Nigerian states into partial lockdown, the presidency has begun intensive fumigation of the State House starting with the office of President Muhammadu Buhari.

This is coming after the president's chief of staff, Abba Kyari, tested positive to the deadly virus.

According to The Sun, fumigation experts arrived at the Villa about 9.30 am on Thursday, March 26, to commence the exercise, which would cover the entire Presidential Villa including, floors, corridors, and major pathways.

A presidential source speaking to the online publication said the experts who were dressed similarly to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) personnel came from Abuja city.

Coronavirus: Kaduna govt begins fumigation of markets
COVID-19: Presidency disinfects President Buhari’s office and State House

The Presidency has commenced the fumigation of the Presidential Villa.
Source: UGC

The source said: “These people are not from the Villa. They came from outside – from the town (Abuja city).

They are dressed in complete white overalls, masked and wearing other protective gears. The dressing is similar to how the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control personnel wear their protective gears.”

It would be recalled that Aso Rock is on partial lockdown, according to Femi Adesina, special adviser to the president on media and publicity.

The presidential spokesman on Wednesday, March 25 said things are on a low key in Nigeria at present and the same thing affected the Presidential Villa.

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

Legit.ng previously reported that President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, March 25, resumed work without receiving any visitor amidst the coronavirus scare in Aso Rock Villa.

Coronavirus: Kano govt orders closure of all Islamic schools with immediate effect

According to a source within the presidency who spoke to a newspaper publication, Buhari as at 2:30 pm was still working in his office, however, he did not receive any government official for the usual briefing.

Similarly, the Lagos state government has disinfected bus stops and motor parks in the metropolis. The disinfection was carried out following the rampaging coronavirus pandemic ravaging the world.

The measure is specifically designed to stop the spread of the disease that has forced many Nigerian states into partial lockdown including Lagos.

Lagos is one of the most populated states in Nigeria and efforts of the government to contain the disease will go a long way in protecting citizens of the country.

In a related development, a large number of Nigerians seem to be dissatisfied with the efforts of the federal government in handling the spread of the coronavirus infection in the country.

COVID19: Kogi governor orders closure of schools, bans gathering of over 30 people

The NCDC has confirmed that the number of coronavirus cases in Nigeria has risen to 46. Among them are some high profile individuals including a son of a former vice president and the chief of staff to the Nigerian president, Abba Kyari.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Coronavirus: Nigerian man says only rich men can contract the deadly virus | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel